MVC Post Season Awards - 1st, 2nd teams and POY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Post Season Awards - 1st, 2nd teams and POY

Postby shocktheheart » February 29th, 2012, 10:16 am

2012 MISSOURI VALLEY CONFERENCE MOST-IMPROVED TEAM
Ben Simons, Drake (captain); Jackie Carmichael, Illinois State; Walt Lemon, Jr., Bradley; Caleb Patterson, Missouri State; Joe Ragland, Wichita State; Garrett Stutz, Wichita State.

2012 MISSOURI VALLEY CONFERENCE ALL-BENCH TEAM
Ned Cox, Evansville (captain); Kurt Alexander, Drake; Bryant Allen, Illinois State; Chip Rank, UNI; Ethan Wragge, Creighton.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby OkoboJay » February 29th, 2012, 10:58 am

I think a case could be made for Doug on the Most-Improved team. From last year to this year he increased his scoring average more than anyone else on that team. However, if I was voting I would look at % increase in the main stat categories. With that being the case, I can't really argue with the selections. Simons as most-improved is a no-brainer.

EDIT: Just saw that players who were 1st or 2nd team All-Conf the previous year are not eligible for the most-improved team.
Last edited by OkoboJay on February 29th, 2012, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
OkoboJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jaybydna » February 29th, 2012, 11:04 am

OkoboJay wrote:I think a case could be made for Doug on the Most-Improved team. From last year to this year he increased his scoring average more than anyone else on that team. However, if I was voting I would look at % increase in the main stat categories. With that being the case, I can't really argue with the selections. Simons as most-improved is a no-brainer.

Now you are just being greedy. :D Cannot be all conference as a Freshman, then be on the most improved team the next year. I am happy he avoided the sophmore slump thought. It is going to be fun atching him for two more years.
jaybydna
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » March 1st, 2012, 1:28 pm

“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MikeKennedyRulz » March 1st, 2012, 2:45 pm

Not surprising. Best coach in the league hands down.
"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. <wink> <wink>"
MikeKennedyRulz
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball