Fave Players

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Fave Players

Postby tribecalledquest » February 27th, 2012, 9:25 am

One thing I love about the Valley tournament is seeing all the teams play. I'm not such a homer that I find it impossible to like players from other teams. Guys I like watching:

Colt Ryan--plays the way the game was meant to be played
Doug McDermott--love him or hate him he really knows how to play
Jackie Carmichael--still don't understand why he doesn't get more touches
Kyle Weems--efficient
Carl Hall--love guys like this

I will add one Bradley player--Walt Lemon, Jr. You never have any idea what the hell he will do but he is at the very least entertaining.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Fave Players

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Fave Players

Postby ShockValue » February 27th, 2012, 9:47 am

I like guys who get everything out of their ability like Ben Simons and Grant Gibbs. Also Bryant Allen from Illinois St.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 27th, 2012, 9:52 am

tribecalledquest wrote:One thing I love about the Valley tournament is seeing all the teams play. I'm not such a homer that I find it impossible to like players from other teams. Guys I like watching:

Kyle Weems--efficient

I will add one Bradley player--Walt Lemon, Jr. You never have any idea what the hell he will do but he is at the very least entertaining.

Can't stand Weems because of his antics. The rest of your list is pretty good to me.

I'd add:

Ben Simons - watching him run around in circles with the stamina of the energizer bunny is a sight to watch.

I also enjoy watching Taylor Brown. Too bad he won't be playing.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 27th, 2012, 10:06 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:One thing I love about the Valley tournament is seeing all the teams play. I'm not such a homer that I find it impossible to like players from other teams. Guys I like watching:

Kyle Weems--efficient

Can't stand Weems because of his antics. The rest of your list is pretty good to me.

I'd add:

Ben Simons - watching him run around in circles with the stamina of the energizer bunny is a sight to watch.

I also enjoy watching Taylor Brown. Too bad he won't be playing.

Agreed on Simons. Forgot about him. Those type of guys are great to watch.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » February 27th, 2012, 10:14 am

I enjoy watching Doug work in the half court and I really appreciate Simons shooting range. Also a fan of Carhmichael, I just wish he'd stay more aggressive on the offensive end. Nic Moore is fun to watch as well.

Also a fan of Mahurin from ISUB, and Sawville when he isn't playing cheap. Of course, I can't get enough of Orupke and Murry from my Shocks.

I'll be there for every game as usual.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » February 27th, 2012, 10:27 am

ShockValue wrote:I like guys who get everything out of their ability like Ben Simons and Grant Gibbs. Also Bryant Allen from Illinois St.

If that is a criteria Johnny Moran should be there as well.

Very very few players have his hustle.

I'd go with Young from CU....I hate it when he plays UNI, because he is a lot like Funk in that he just kills UNI.
Carmichael - he reminds me what of Seth Tuttle could become (But I think Tuttle could be better at the end)
Murray
Hall
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » February 27th, 2012, 1:41 pm

Watching Ben Simon's run around and Manigat chasing him was very entertaining. Other than Weems and his antics, I really don't mind any of the other teams players.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cpacmel » February 27th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Troy Taylor
Ben Simons
Dwayne Lathan
Simms-Edwards
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » February 27th, 2012, 8:50 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Can't stand Weems because of his antics.

I think you had a beef last year, but I watched every game Kyle played this year and only about 5 of McDermott's, and Doug was about 5x more over the top in just those games than Kyle was the whole year. His theatrics when Scheer was guarding him at MSU bordered on the ridiculous. Great talent but he inherited his daddy's penchant for a fine whine. But players I do like watching are:

Ben Simmons
Joe Ragland
Anthony Downing
Last edited by BEARZ77 on February 27th, 2012, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 27th, 2012, 9:10 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:Can't stand Weems because of his antics.

I think you had a beef last year, but I watched every game Kyle played this year and only about 5 of McDermott's, and Doug was about 5x more over the top in just those games than Kyle was the whole year. His theatrics when Scheer was guarding him at MSU bordered on the ridiculous. Great talent but he inherited his daddy's penchant for a fine whine.

I haven't seen Doug salute the crowd after making a shot like Weems did in Omaha this year.

Believe what you want, but nobody in the league right now is even close to Weems when it comes to antics on the floor.
Last edited by DoubleJayAlum on February 27th, 2012, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball