Nic Moore

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Nic Moore

Postby jwa123 » March 4th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Just curious. If FOY voting had happened at not only the end of the season but at the end of the tournament as well, would Nic Moore have gotten more consideration?
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Nic Moore

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Nic Moore

Postby glm38 » March 4th, 2012, 8:42 pm

I don't think there is much doubt he would have gotten more consideration. He can really play. I was surprised that he is listed at 5'9". He plays bigger than that.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » March 4th, 2012, 9:39 pm

glm38 wrote:I don't think there is much doubt he would have gotten more consideration. He can really play. I was surprised that he is listed at 5'9". He plays bigger than that.

He's 5'7.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » March 4th, 2012, 10:23 pm

jwa123 wrote:Just curious. If FOY voting had happened at not only the end of the season but at the end of the tournament as well, would Nic Moore have gotten more consideration?

Probably.

The thing working against him was that Tuttle put up some huge numbers.

I think they both are really good players and will only continue to get better. The talent of this league was really down for several years. I think it has completely corrected itself across the board and we have several freshmen/sophs that could play anywhere: Rice, Moore, Odum, McDermott, Tuttle, Daniels, Lemon etc.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » March 4th, 2012, 11:31 pm

jwa123 wrote:Just curious. If FOY voting had happened at not only the end of the season but at the end of the tournament as well, would Nic Moore have gotten more consideration?

I certainly considered him and think he was second in the voting.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby NeutralObserver » March 5th, 2012, 8:03 am

MVCfans wrote:

I certainly considered him and think he was second in the voting.

He probably carriers a chip about beind considered 2nd a lot. Second to Zeller for Indiana Mr. Basketball, 2nd to Tuttle for FOY? It will probably just fuel him to get better and better and he is pretty good right now. I agree with the 5'7 part; defense will be his biggest problem going forward.
NeutralObserver
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby redrooster » March 5th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Moore is going to have a great career at Il St. He probably would've been FOY if voting was done after the conference tourney.
redrooster
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby iSASO » March 5th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Gregg Marshall stated that Fred Van Fleet is very much the same player as Nic Moore. I'll take that.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby cpacmel » March 5th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Van Fleet is a very good one.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » March 6th, 2012, 8:31 am

iSASO wrote:Gregg Marshall stated that Fred Van Fleet is very much the same player as Nic Moore. I'll take that.

IIR, he stated that Dana Ford thought VanVleet was better than Nic Moore. Two positives from that statement (one for WSU and one for ISUr):
1) FVV has the potential to be very, very good.
2) HCGM asked, "Is FVV as good as Moore?"
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball