MO State News

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MO State News

Postby MSUBear42 » March 5th, 2012, 3:46 pm

1) MSU will not seek out playing in the CBI or CIT, just want to focus on tranining for next season.

2) MAJOR announcement coming on Wednesday. Sounds like MSU received a huge donation that will make their lockerooms in JQH some of the nicest in the country.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

MO State News

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MO State News

Postby shocktheheart » March 5th, 2012, 4:14 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:1) MSU will not seek out playing in the CBI or CIT, just want to focus on tranining for next season.

2) MAJOR announcement coming on Wednesday. Sounds like MSU received a huge donation that will make their lockerooms in JQH some of the nicest in the country.

1. Why wouldn't they want to play in those tourneys and get the free practice time?

2. Will any of the money go to the visitors locker rooms or will they still have to dress on their bus or at their hotel? :D
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » March 5th, 2012, 4:30 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
MSUBear42 wrote:1) MSU will not seek out playing in the CBI or CIT, just want to focus on tranining for next season.

1. Why wouldn't they want to play in those tourneys and get the free practice time?

2. Will any of the money go to the visitors locker rooms or will they still have to dress on their bus or at their hotel? :D

They cost a decent amount money to host. You need to draw a good amount (~6,000, give or take) to break even for a home game, per round. I'd guess that's one of the factors, but I'd also guess that coach Lusk and his staff determined that the cost (beyond the cash to host) wasn't worth the benefits of a few extra games.

Everyone does it differently. Many schools have passed on those tournaments.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » March 5th, 2012, 4:33 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:2) MAJOR announcement coming on Wednesday. Sounds like MSU received a huge donation that will make their lockerooms in JQH some of the nicest in the country.

Does the remodeling of a locker room really constitute a "MAJOR announcement"?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » March 5th, 2012, 4:34 pm

TylerDurden wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:

They cost a decent amount money to host. You need to draw a good amount (~6,000, give or take) to break even for a home game, per round. I'd guess that's one of the factors, but I'd also guess that coach Lusk and his staff determined that the cost (beyond the cash to host) wasn't worth the benefits of a few extra games.

Everyone does it differently. Many schools have passed on those tournaments.

I would still think that the extra free practice for next year would be worth the money. I know WSU has been helped from the extra practice last year.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » March 5th, 2012, 4:55 pm

Can't all teams practice until the final four is over? I may be mistaken, but I don't think this is like FBS football where only teams invited to bowls can continue to practice.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TylerDurden » March 5th, 2012, 5:00 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
I would still think that the extra free practice for next year would be worth the money. I know WSU has been helped from the extra practice last year.

The NIT is a bit different than the CIT/CBI as far as financial obligations and quality of opponents go.

I'm all for teams playing in the CIT/CBI if it makes sense financially and for team progression.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » March 5th, 2012, 5:02 pm

Sucks but I can understand if it costs too much money. The CBI really helped Creighton last year, they seemed to start clicking as far as their offense during that tourney and carried it over to this year. An extra month of practice did wonders.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUBear42 » March 5th, 2012, 5:26 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
MSUBear42 wrote:2) MAJOR announcement coming on Wednesday. Sounds like MSU received a huge donation that will make their lockerooms in JQH some of the nicest in the country.

Does the remodeling of a locker room really constitute a "MAJOR announcement"?

Considering we don't have any in JQH, yes. Add on that it's rumored they will be on the same level as Oklahoma State's, this is a huge huge gift. Just google Oklahoma State locker rooms. These will legitimately be top 15 in the country.

And no, no new visitor lockers, but they get to move into the lockers the Bears have been using over there, which are nice.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Hail Our Panthers » March 5th, 2012, 6:51 pm

MSUbear42: what do you mean by "don't have any?"

Someone posted this a while back on panthernation, not sure why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvkrGLIpp5c
Hail Our Panthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next