Western Kentucky

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Western Kentucky

Postby Jet915 » March 6th, 2012, 8:16 pm

I don't think Middle Tennessee will get an at-large. Their best win is like Ole Miss. They beat UCLA but they are no good. They didn't even make it to the finals of their own conference tourney. NIT for them.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby redrooster » March 6th, 2012, 10:17 pm

WKU had the best freshman class in all the Mid Majors. If I'm not mistaken it may have been a top 25-30 class. I know they had two kids ranked in Rivals Top 150! I really believe had Ray Harper been there coach all year they would've had a much better record. Anyway there leading scorers a Fr. They should be one of the better non power conference programs for the next few season's....
redrooster
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby uniftw » March 7th, 2012, 10:26 am

redrooster wrote:WKU had the best freshman class in all the Mid Majors. If I'm not mistaken it may have been a top 25-30 class. I know they had two kids ranked in Rivals Top 150! I really believe had Ray Harper been there coach all year they would've had a much better record. Anyway there leading scorers a Fr. They should be one of the better non power conference programs for the next few season's....

The NIT bubble just got a whole lot smaller for UNI, ISUR, and may have completely gone away for E'ville *if it was there*
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » March 7th, 2012, 10:36 am

uniftw wrote:
redrooster wrote:WKU had the best freshman class in all the Mid Majors. If I'm not mistaken it may have been a top 25-30 class. I know they had two kids ranked in Rivals Top 150! I really believe had Ray Harper been there coach all year they would've had a much better record. Anyway there leading scorers a Fr. They should be one of the better non power conference programs for the next few season's....

The NIT bubble just got a whole lot smaller for UNI, ISUR, and may have completely gone away for E'ville *if it was there*

Evansville is playing in the CBI. They have a home game on March 13th.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » March 13th, 2012, 7:16 pm

The Hilltoppers overcame a 16 point deficit at the 4 minute point and beat Miss Valley State. I am officially on the bandwagon. Bring on Kentucky.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » March 13th, 2012, 8:39 pm

That game was awful. Serious question though. When these NCAA units get handed out does the winner of this game get 2 Units for their appearance in this game and then again against Kentucky?
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 14th, 2012, 2:40 pm

2livewu wrote:Because we've already added Evansville and UNI.

I cannot stop laughing. You are a mean man.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » March 14th, 2012, 5:07 pm

BirdmanBB wrote: When these NCAA units get handed out does the winner of this game get 2 Units for their appearance in this game and then again against Kentucky?

Yes. The opening round games are tournament games for all intents and purposes.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball