WSU's Gregg Marshall Publicly Reprimanded by MVC

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU's Gregg Marshall Publicly Reprimanded by MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » March 8th, 2012, 12:40 pm

I honestly don't think anyone can doubt that Elgin wanted Illinois State or anyone other than WSU or CU. That would have been best for the league, and of course he wants what is best for the league.

Now to go out and say he paid off the refs to make sure Illinois State beat WSU is flat out stupid. Next thing you know we are going to find out he had one of those Buffalo Wild Wings buttons to make sure that championship went into overtime for the National television audience. :huh:
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » March 8th, 2012, 12:41 pm

PorkTornado wrote:I was on Warren Nolan's website to see how Iowa's big win effected Creighton's RPI and when I clicked on the nitty gritty report I found something I thought was interesting. Wichita State has a losing record on neutral courts this year, while they have an extremely impressive 10-1 away record. Maybe the problem was that it truly was a neutral court game.

They have played some pretty good teams on neutral courts though. Colorado, Temple, Alabama, Indiana St, and Illinois St.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PorkTornado » March 8th, 2012, 12:49 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
PorkTornado wrote:I was on Warren Nolan's website to see how Iowa's big win effected Creighton's RPI and when I clicked on the nitty gritty report I found something I thought was interesting. Wichita State has a losing record on neutral courts this year, while they have an extremely impressive 10-1 away record. Maybe the problem was that it truly was a neutral court game.

They have played some pretty good teams on neutral courts though. Colorado, Temple, Alabama, Indiana St, and Illinois St.

I know they have. I just found it interesting in light of Marshall's neutral court comment.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » March 8th, 2012, 12:52 pm

PorkTornado wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:

I know they have. I just found it interesting in light of Marshall's neutral court comment.

You do have a point there.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby vancedave56 » March 8th, 2012, 1:25 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:I honestly don't think anyone can doubt that Elgin wanted Illinois State or anyone other than WSU or CU. That would have been best for the league, and of course he wants what is best for the league.

Now to go out and say he paid off the refs to make sure Illinois State beat WSU is flat out stupid. Next thing you know we are going to find out he had one of those Buffalo Wild Wings buttons to make sure that championship went into overtime for the National television audience. :huh:

True, but as we have observed with Marshall, some things should not be stated publicly - they each have a right to their feelings, but sometimes they need to be kept inside.
vancedave56
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » March 8th, 2012, 1:49 pm

vancedave56 wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:I honestly don't think anyone can doubt that Elgin wanted Illinois State or anyone other than WSU or CU. That would have been best for the league, and of course he wants what is best for the league.

True, but as we have observed with Marshall, some things should not be stated publicly - they each have a right to their feelings, but sometimes they need to be kept inside.

Or in the case of a conspiracy, probably just not thought at all....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby vancedave56 » March 8th, 2012, 1:55 pm

geez...

This is pathetic.
vancedave56
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 8th, 2012, 4:02 pm

vancedave56 wrote:geez...

This is pathetic.

Double is a lawyer. He has to get the last word in. It is in his genes.

It is much easier to say, "You win the argument or debate."
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » March 8th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Just watched the press conf... It wasn't that bad.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jaycat17 » March 8th, 2012, 4:17 pm

45otseoj wrote:Just watched the press conf... It wasn't that bad.

Now watch Jankovic's press conference after his loss to CU. Do a little compare and contrast and tell me which coach took the high road.. It's not even close fyi.

I personally think a team's demeanor is directly related to their coach. CU under altman would be tense in tight situations, under McDermott they seem to be more calm and collected (notable exception being the WSU debacle where he tried to light a fire under them and it didn't work out too well) and with Gregg, when things get tough its time to whine and scream at others, notably the officials..

For me, WSU's tourney game is a win-win for me. If they lose I can't wait to see whose to blame this time around, and if they win, well thats good for the valley.
jaycat17
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball