CIT - Robert Morris at Indiana State - Tuesday 3/13

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: CIT - Robert Morris at Indiana State - Tuesday 3/13

Postby Jet915 » March 13th, 2012, 3:42 pm

getreal4 wrote:after surfing a bit today, appears most power conferences have an unofficial directive to decline CIT and CBI bids. NCAA, NIT or stay home.

Not true for the CBI this year. Last year, Oregon was the only BCS team in the CBI. This year, there is Pittsburgh, Washington State and Oregon State in the CBI. Butler is also in the CBI.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby isumvc1 » March 13th, 2012, 7:01 pm

Mercifully, Indiana State's season comes to an end, losing at home to Robert Morris of the NEC 67-60, ISU was outscored 32-14 after our 11 point 2nd half lead

we had an 11 point lead midway thru the 2nd half, and in typical ISU fashion, let RMU back in the game and gave them the win.

Time to hit the reset button.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » March 13th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Odum with 0 assists. I think that says it all.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheShock » March 15th, 2012, 8:23 am

Tough loss Trees. Get everyone 'healed' and you'll be tough next season. Yikes, this league is going to make some noise next year. The Shockers will be lucky to stay out of the play-in round. :Cheers:
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby isumvc1 » March 15th, 2012, 10:56 am

TheShock wrote:Tough loss Trees. Get everyone 'healed' and you'll be tough next season. Yikes, this league is going to make some noise next year. The Shockers will be lucky to stay out of the play-in round. :Cheers:

Too many unknowns for Indiana State in 2012-2013, ISU will more than likely be picked to finish 8th or 9th in the MVC next season. And we very well may finish there. Hopefully the team will gel a little better and not have so many collapses like we did this year. Led a LOT of games, only to give up big leads and lose. We were quite fortunate to win 18 games this season
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PowderBlue » March 15th, 2012, 6:47 pm

There will be at least one player leaving the team after this year. It's really unfortunate that the lack of upper-class leadership was so prevalent this year. Hopefully the fighting trees get healed up and Odum takes the reigns as the vocal and emotional leader of the team.

I'm excited about the future of Mahurin - who was the positive surprise of the year for me - and Gant. I still have faith that Kitchell will develop into more of a scorer. We don't have any real star power in this recruiting class, but the team will get deeper.

Overall, the team didn't fare too much worse than I expected this year. They took every team's (especially Wichita's) best shot this year after winning in STL last year. Even considering the incredible amount of blown leads and bad starts, they managed to be in nearly every conference game. Learn and mature for next year, I guess.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » March 15th, 2012, 9:50 pm

I just heard that Carl Richard quit the team prior to the game.....any truth to that? I just looked at the box score, and he didn't play.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Comin' Up Aces » March 15th, 2012, 10:07 pm

DUBulldog wrote:I just heard that Carl Richard quit the team prior to the game.....any truth to that? I just looked at the box score, and he didn't play.

He was suspended for the game, according to this story: http://m.tribstar.com/TTS/pm_103624/con ... d=IQ3Ysu38

It's more of a book than an article, but a sentence near the bottom mentions Richards.
Comin' Up Aces
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball