NCAA Seeding

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

NCAA Seeding

Postby dsmbulldog » March 11th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Tough Draws for the Valley. WSU gets some respect with the 5 seed, but we all saw what VCU is capable of last year, even if this is a much-changed edition of the Rams. I would be livid at Creighton's seeding if I were a Bluejay fan. An 8 seed, and a nightmare potential matchup against UNC in the next round if they win.
dsmbulldog
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

NCAA Seeding

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA Seeding

Postby Snaggletooth » March 11th, 2012, 5:04 pm

WSU can't complain to much. Got a nice seed and their opponent is beatable. If they get beyond VCU, Indiana is beatable also and you got to love a chance to play Kentucky.

Now CU, well I guess maybe they should have been cheering for WSU to meet them in the finals because winning the MVC tournament did nothing for them except get them a bid. With them being a 8 you got to ask would they have gotten a bid if they didn't win the tournament?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MikeKennedyRulz » March 11th, 2012, 5:06 pm

The committee emphasized non conference strength of schedule apparently. Creightons non con sos was 189. Playing and beating wsu in the conference championship would have helped them immensely.
"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. <wink> <wink>"
MikeKennedyRulz
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby getreal4 » March 11th, 2012, 5:10 pm

MikeKennedyRulz wrote:The committee emphasized non conference strength of schedule apparently. Creightons non con sos was 189. Playing and beating wsu in the conference championship would have helped them immensely.

add in losing to EVille & Mo St and it makes it easier for the committee to justify a lower seed.
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby FeartheQ » March 11th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Not to mention Creighton really hasn't impressed for a while...
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Snaggletooth » March 11th, 2012, 5:13 pm

NCAA ranked WSU at 19th and CU at 29th
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » March 11th, 2012, 5:30 pm

I was really hoping WSU was in any other bracket except with Kentucky. That's tough.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » March 11th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Creighton was clearly hurt by their non-conf SOS.

VCU is a tough first game for Wichita.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShockValue » March 11th, 2012, 5:37 pm

CBS must want CU-UNC on TV badly. No other reason for the seeding. Ask UNI about beating heavily favored 1 seeds.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby omahaben » March 11th, 2012, 5:40 pm

MikeKennedyRulz wrote:The committee emphasized non conference strength of schedule apparently. Creightons non con sos was 189. Playing and beating wsu in the conference championship would have helped them immensely.

If that's the case, so be it. Gotta love how the committee picks and chooses a different thing to emphasize every couple of years, though. One year it's road wins, another it's non-conference schedules, another its overall RPI. I just wish they'd stay consistent or something so teams could be proactive rather than reactive.
omahaben
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball