16 years and counting . . . . .

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 16 years and counting . . . . .

Postby FeartheQ » March 21st, 2012, 4:40 pm

SIU impresses me. Having that winning % after these last few years? You can tell they were with Creighton in running this league.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherSigEp » March 21st, 2012, 5:01 pm

FWIW every meaningful stat listed for Northern Iowa has occurred in the last 9 seasons. Amazing how much this program has changed in just the last decade thanks to Greg McDermott (and as a result of Greg, Ben Jacobson of course). I remember when we used to be mediocre with a capital 'M' and Rick Hartzell was giving away tickets like candy and hemorrhaging $$ for our basketball program. It's great to have UNI basketball at its current level. The MVC is only getting better IMO
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby getreal4 » March 21st, 2012, 5:40 pm

The Valley won't get better without pushing and taking some chances. Status quo will eventually go backwards due to other conferences moving forward. Bigger budgets, better scheduling, new additions, better TV contracts. The admins from the have not schools won't/can't prioritize needed improvements without pressure from conference.

Being proactive and planned aggressive actions are better choices IMO. Valley leadership's slow inactive, status quo approach has failed. Need only to look at the list of former Valley schools who left for better opportunities elsewhere.
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TylerDurden » March 22nd, 2012, 10:22 am

getreal4 wrote:The Valley won't get better without pushing and taking some chances. Status quo will eventually go backwards due to other conferences moving forward. Bigger budgets, better scheduling, new additions, better TV contracts. The admins from the have not schools won't/can't prioritize needed improvements without pressure from conference.

Being proactive and planned aggressive actions are better choices IMO. Valley leadership's slow inactive, status quo approach has failed. Need only to look at the list of former Valley schools who left for better opportunities elsewhere.

There is a whole lot of stuff going on in this post and I'm pretty sure most of it is not based in fact.

That said, I am interested in this list of former Valley schools that are excelling because of better opportunities elsewhere. Could you fill me in on the situations of those schools?
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball