Non CU/WSU fans - whose season would you rather have?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Non CU/WSU fans - whose season would you rather have?

Postby Jet915 » March 22nd, 2012, 1:37 pm

CU because of the NCAA win all the way. Probably due to the fact that it's been 10 years since CU won an NCAA game and it's Coach McDermott's first.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PorkTornado » March 22nd, 2012, 3:03 pm

Fellow CU fans. You aren't supposed to answer.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jet915 » March 22nd, 2012, 3:13 pm

Haha, whoops...
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » March 22nd, 2012, 3:18 pm

PorkTornado wrote:Fellow CU fans. You aren't supposed to answer.

:lol: :wave:

I was going to post the same thing! But didn't want to have a post on this thread.

ooops...guess I did anyway. :bounce:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TylerDurden » March 22nd, 2012, 3:26 pm

give me heart wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:Here's what we're comparing:
26-4 regular season (27-6), 16-2 league record, L in conference tournament semi and L in NCAA 1st round.
25-5 regular season (29-6), 14-4 league record, conference tournament title and NCAA win, L in NCAA 2nd round.

I'm aware that the NCAA calls them 2nd and 3rd rounds, but that's ridiculous, IMO :)

Why would you list the conference tournament title and not the outright conference title. The conference league title is an impressive feat. It's not just getting lucky for three days in St Louis as so many have posted.
As for winning games in the NCAA, so much of that has to do with match ups. Now, taking it all in I would take hmmm, guess it would be CUs because it's all about extending your season and they did that. Tough one though because of WSUs win at Creighton and their valley dominance this year.

League record was listed. Not sure what else you want.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby give me heart » March 22nd, 2012, 3:50 pm

TylerDurden wrote:
give me heart wrote:
26-4 regular season (27-6), 16-2 league record, L in conference tournament semi and L in NCAA 1st round.
25-5 regular season (29-6), 14-4 league record, conference tournament title and NCAA win, L in NCAA 2nd round.

I'm aware that the NCAA calls them 2nd and 3rd rounds, but that's ridiculous, IMO :)

Why would you list the conference tournament title and not the outright conference title. The conference league title is an impressive feat. It's not just getting lucky for three days in St Louis as so many have posted.
As for winning games in the NCAA, so much of that has to do with match ups. Now, taking it all in I would take hmmm, guess it would be CUs because it's all about extending your season and they did that. Tough one though because of WSUs win at Creighton and their valley dominance this year.

League record was listed. Not sure what else you want.

You down played the season championship or just forgot to list it. To most people that have posted on the subject in the past, the season championship is a greater accomplishment than winning in St. Louis. Thought it warranted a notation for those of us using such information to form an opinion concerning the topic at hand.
give me heart
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby TylerDurden » March 22nd, 2012, 6:16 pm

give me heart wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:League record was listed. Not sure what else you want.

You down played the season championship or just forgot to list it. To most people that have posted on the subject in the past, the season championship is a greater accomplishment than winning in St. Louis. Thought it warranted a notation for those of us using such information to form an opinion concerning the topic at hand.

Oh, brother. :Bam:

Isn't this post targeted toward non-WSU/CU fans, anyway?
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TrueBlueJay » March 22nd, 2012, 7:49 pm

give me heart wrote:

Would you feel better if he said Conference Tournament Record:

Creighton 3-0
WSU 1-1

:roll:
TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball