Postby cu8493 » May 1st, 2012, 7:23 am

Both?
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: Jank

Postby starshiip » May 3rd, 2012, 8:48 am

cpacmel wrote:
starshiip wrote:Their AD said in his press conference that he had been in contact wih several coaches (wouldn't give any names in the press conference--I lost the link?) No search committee--he & the University President would make the decision. [u]Later...the Pantagraph listed these names as the people on the list.

Not exactly starship. The names above that the Pantagraph listed did not come from the AD. They were people who Jim Benson, the Pantagraph writer, thought might get some consideration. There is no way Friedman is leaking any list to the Pantagraph or any other media sources.

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/men/several-coaching-candidates-could-draw-isu-ad-s-interest/article_f08a91e4-900e-11e1-89b7-001a4bcf887a.html

The AD, the President and BOT chair will be doing the decision making.

cpamel--...I did NOT say the list came from the AD? I did credit the Pantagraph with this list (if you read my post). I said the AD did NOT reveal any names in his press conference :roll: Your AD DID say however that ISU has some great coaches in several sports that will be continually sought after by bigger programs and could leave----so he is prepared with a short list of successors in mind at all times in the event that happens.
I was married by a Judge...should have asked for a jury.
starshiip
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby CaliRdBrd » May 3rd, 2012, 6:05 pm

What is going on? How long before not having a coach starts to affect next season, more than it already has? At what point can players no longer transfer? What a schlock this is becoming...and still the Redbird website has not one iota of info...
CaliRdBrd
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 3rd, 2012, 6:55 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:What is going on? How long before not having a coach starts to affect next season, more than it already has? At what point can players no longer transfer? What a schlock this is becoming...and still the Redbird website has not one iota of info...

You boys haven't been without a coach that long. The timing isn't out of whack, it is still reasonable. With the website I don't think they want to create a headline like this: Jankovich leaves for the Ponies to sit next to Larry Brown for Lots More Money. I'm sure when the new guy comes along that there will be renewed energy especially if it is a guy like Muller. No need to freak out ISURed fans.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » May 4th, 2012, 10:42 am

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Muller.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby cpacmel » May 4th, 2012, 9:49 pm

starshiip wrote:
cpacmel wrote:
starshiip wrote:Their AD said in his press conference that he had been in contact wih several coaches (wouldn't give any names in the press conference--I lost the link?) No search committee--he & the University President would make the decision. [u]Later...the Pantagraph listed these names as the people on the list.

Not exactly starship. The names above that the Pantagraph listed did not come from the AD. They were people who Jim Benson, the Pantagraph writer, thought might get some consideration. There is no way Friedman is leaking any list to the Pantagraph or any other media sources.

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/men/several-coaching-candidates-could-draw-isu-ad-s-interest/article_f08a91e4-900e-11e1-89b7-001a4bcf887a.html

The AD, the President and BOT chair will be doing the decision making.

cpamel--...I did NOT say the list came from the AD? I did credit the Pantagraph with this list (if you read my post). I said the AD did NOT reveal any names in his press conference :roll: Your AD DID say however that ISU has some great coaches in several sports that will be continually sought after by bigger programs and could leave----so he is prepared with a short list of successors in mind at all times in the event that happens.

starship, I apologize for the confusion. But when you said "the Pantagraph listed these names as the people on the list", the on the list part is what confused me. Either way, my bad. :Bam:
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball