Jank Gone (Official)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Jank Gone (Official)

Postby BirdmanBB » April 26th, 2012, 2:21 pm

Pg_Benson Jim Benson Illinois State basketball coach Tim Jankovich confirmed Thursday he is leaving to become associate coach/coach in waiting at SMU.

Sad day in redbird land. As I said on our forum, my expectations for next year have lowered.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Jank Gone (Official)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jank Gone (Official)

Postby landmark » April 26th, 2012, 2:29 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:
Pg_Benson Jim Benson Illinois State basketball coach Tim Jankovich confirmed Thursday he is leaving to become associate coach/coach in waiting at SMU.

Sad day in redbird land. As I said on our forum, my expectations for next year have lowered.

could bring them together like michigan under fischer, but ya could easily undo things
landmark
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleychamp » April 26th, 2012, 2:32 pm

What a turd.

Hopefully ISU can hold that team together next year. Now it gets really interesting for ISU. Do they hire someone (maybe an assistant) that could potentially salvage the short term (next years high hopes), even though it could potentially be damaging for the future? Or do they risk next next years team to bire someone they want?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » April 26th, 2012, 2:35 pm

MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby CaliRdBrd » April 26th, 2012, 3:22 pm

Not that I was a fan of Jankovich (mainly due to scheduling), but this brings disruption to what was supposed to be good campaign in 2012. Bring in Dan Muller!!
CaliRdBrd
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » April 26th, 2012, 4:10 pm

I feel bad for the Assistant Coaches and players.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » April 26th, 2012, 4:30 pm

So what players (present and incoming) do you think ISUR will lose now?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MikeKennedyRulz » April 26th, 2012, 4:46 pm

If you wanna keep good coaches and build stability, you gotta pony up the $. That is what this tells me. ISU wasn't showing a commitment to Jank, and he saw greener (pun intended) pastures at SMU.
"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. <wink> <wink>"
MikeKennedyRulz
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdmanBB » April 26th, 2012, 5:44 pm

MikeKennedyRulz wrote:If you wanna keep good coaches and build stability, you gotta pony up the $. That is what this tells me. ISU wasn't showing a commitment to Jank, and he saw greener (pun intended) pastures at SMU.

What did he do to earn more money? Did he win any MVC regular season titles? Did he win any MVC tournaments? He is 0fer against the eventual tourney winner.

What's bothering me right now is that Jank left and there is nothing in his contract saying he is the coach-in-waiting. It was a handshake deal. Yikes. That SMU program can tank, Brown can leave and they will not hand over the team to Jank.

He should have stayed for one more year with the 5 year deal that he had. Now I think this was a dumb move even with the increase in $$$.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » April 26th, 2012, 9:00 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:Sad day in redbird land. As I said on our forum, my expectations for next year have lowered.

Wouldn't say sad...
MikeKennedyRulz wrote:If you wanna keep good coaches and build stability, you gotta pony up the $. That is what this tells me. ISU wasn't showing a commitment to Jank, and he saw greener (pun intended) pastures at SMU.

There is a large disconnect between your two points. Jank doesn't meet your prerequisite.
Snaggletooth wrote:So what players (present and incoming) do you think ISUR will lose now?

Carmichael, Cousin, Moore, and Hill are the only 4 players with a redshirt to burn. One recruit is an assitant's son. The other was recruited by Judson.
BirdmanBB wrote:He is 0fer against the eventual tourney winner.

I'm glad you enjoy my work.
:D
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball