Ranking The Coaching Jobs

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby shocktheheart » June 6th, 2012, 12:48 pm

“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ranking The Coaching Jobs

Postby Turner » June 6th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Top 2 are easy. I'd say Bradley is 3 based on history and commitment. Indiana St and Evansville are the worst based simply on the towns they are in.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby unipanther99 » June 6th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Yeah, they said it was difficult to pick a #3 out of the group and I certainly wouldn't be offended to have been lumped in with the middle group.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby unipanther99 » June 6th, 2012, 2:08 pm

And I don't think Drake is the worst job in the MVC.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » June 6th, 2012, 2:24 pm

Clearly they did not consult DJA.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 6th, 2012, 2:34 pm

valleychamp wrote:Clearly they did not consult DJA.

Insecure much?

Do you really think I would have ranked somebody else #1 (or even #2 for that matter)? As the article indicates, there is a pretty big dropoff after number two, so it really doesn't matter much after that. Except for ranking Drake last, I saw nothing in this article that everyone didn't already know. I suppose if consulted, I probably would have ranked Bradley 3rd, although with their current struggles, I can understand why they may not seem as appealing at this moment. IlSU should be a better job than it is, but a focus on football and losing head coaches to assistant jobs elsewhere hurts their ranking. Other than those four schools, (CU, WSU, IlSU and BU) everybody else in the conference is in varying states of financial distress.

Is Drake really last? :huh:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby havoc » June 6th, 2012, 2:55 pm

I certainly wouldn't rank SIU as third. They went through a period of sustained success, but can they actually get back there? They have documented, real financial problems, play in a below average venue, and have been last or second to last in attendance the last 3 years.

I think there is a big difference between a school being a good job for a coach and a coach doing a good job at a school. I wouldn't pick UNI as an upper half job, but that certainty doesn't mean they aren't currently and upper half program.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » June 6th, 2012, 2:56 pm

I will say that I think every job in the MVC is better than any of the other "worst" jobs from other conferences on that list.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » June 6th, 2012, 3:03 pm

havoc wrote:I certainly wouldn't rank SIU as third. They went through a period of sustained success, but can they actually get back there? They have documented, real financial problems, play in a below average venue, and have been last or second to last in attendance the last 3 years.

I think there is a big difference between a school being a good job for a coach and a coach doing a good job at a school. I wouldn't pick UNI as an upper half job, but that certainty doesn't mean they aren't currently and upper half program.

"Below average venue"? Have you seen the SIU Arena since renovations? Its fantastic, and so are the rest of their facilities.

Though, the whole Lowery ordeal has really stung them competitively and financially quite a bit, especially affecting their ability to pay a top notch salary for the short term. I think that long term, they will be back, and it is still a good job.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » June 6th, 2012, 4:11 pm

MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball