2012-13 MVC predictions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2012-13 MVC predictions

Postby Ricardo del Rio » July 9th, 2012, 10:42 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Ali wrote:Straight up would you take UNI's accomplishments of the last 10 years or Wichita State's? I don't think it is even close.

I agree. Neither program has been all that extra special.

UNI has been more special than WSU.

The winds have sifted and it is not likey that UNI will win the conference for quite awhile into the future.

How have the winds sifted unfavorably for the Panthers? They still have Ben Jacobson running the show and this upcoming season all of the players, from what has been thought to be one of the most talented and exciting recruitment classes we have had, will be done red-shirting and ready to contribute. You've already seen what some of those guys, like Seth Tuttle and Deon Mitchell, can do. Be prepared for someone like Matt Bohannon who was also a highly touted recruit and Nathan Buss who sat out last year with a broken arm, has looked very impressive in summer practices. Being 6'8 his length and skills could give some teams fits when trying to deal with Koch and Tuttle as well. 9-9 in conference last season was a bit disappointing and an underachievement based on what we saw earlier in the season from the Panthers, the MVC race could've been much different if UNI hadn't taken a nosedive after playing Ohio.

I can think of three reasons or obstacles to the NIU path. In order of difficulty, they are as follows:

1. Blue Birds

2. Red Birds

3. Black Birds
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » July 9th, 2012, 10:46 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Ali wrote:Straight up would you take UNI's accomplishments of the last 10 years or Wichita State's? I don't think it is even close.

I agree. Neither program has been all that extra special.

UNI has been more special than WSU.

The winds have sifted and it is not likey that UNI will win the conference for quite awhile into the future.

How have the winds sifted unfavorably for the Panthers? They still have Ben Jacobson running the show and this upcoming season all of the players, from what has been thought to be one of the most talented and exciting recruitment classes we have had, will be done red-shirting and ready to contribute. You've already seen what some of those guys, like Seth Tuttle and Deon Mitchell, can do. Be prepared for someone like Matt Bohannon who was also a highly touted recruit and Nathan Buss who sat out last year with a broken arm, has looked very impressive in summer practices. Being 6'8 his length and skills could give some teams fits when trying to deal with Koch and Tuttle as well. 9-9 in conference last season was a bit disappointing and an underachievement based on what we saw earlier in the season from the Panthers, the MVC race could've been much different if UNI hadn't taken a nosedive after playing Ohio.

Deal with Koch?

Please.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » July 9th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:I can think of three reasons or obstacles to the UNI path. In order of difficulty, they are as follows:

1. Blue Birds

2. Red Birds

3. Black Birds

I see what you did there, I think crow is a delicacy in Iowa.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » July 9th, 2012, 2:58 pm

agrinut wrote:

If you think we eat anything other than pork, beef and corn then you need to get out more ;)
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » July 9th, 2012, 4:38 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
agrinut wrote:

If you think we eat anything other than pork, beef and corn then you need to get out more ;)

Iowa begins with pork and ends with pork. Vegetarians in Iowa eat nothing but soybeans.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » August 7th, 2012, 8:59 am

I think Illinois State could struggle in the early going as we adapt to a new coach and break in a new PG. I think we'll be in good shape once the league starts.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball