2012-13 MVC predictions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

2012-13 MVC predictions

Postby MVCfans » June 10th, 2012, 8:02 pm

I just posted my predictions (v2.0) on The MVC Report. Would appreciate your thoughts. As we get closer to fall, I'll update again.

The MVC Report - Missouri Valley Conference basketball – updated predictions for 2012-13
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

2012-13 MVC predictions

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2012-12 MVC predictions

Postby DUBulldog » June 10th, 2012, 8:43 pm

MVCfans wrote:I just posted my predictions (v2.0) on The MVC Report. Would appreciate your thoughts. As we get closer to fall, I'll update again.

The MVC Report - Missouri Valley Conference basketball – updated predictions for 2012-13

Things seemed to be unraveling inside the program after Rice left and other roster changes occurred. Is this Mark Phelps’ last stand?

Nothing was unraveling. Other than Uhlenhopp, who gave up basketball due to recurring injuries, all of the roster changes were expected and/or encouraged by the coaching staff.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MVCfans » June 10th, 2012, 8:48 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Nothing was unraveling. Other than Uhlenhopp, who gave up basketball due to recurring injuries, all of the roster changes were expected and/or encouraged by the coaching staff.

Clarke's departure was a but peculiar to me. Of the MVC fan bases, Drake's fans seems least pleased with their current coach / overall situation. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, dunno.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DUBulldog » June 10th, 2012, 8:59 pm

MVCfans wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:Nothing was unraveling. Other than Uhlenhopp, who gave up basketball due to recurring injuries, all of the roster changes were expected and/or encouraged by the coaching staff.

Clarke's departure was a but peculiar to me. Of the MVC fan bases, Drake's fans seems least pleased with their current coach / overall situation. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, dunno.

Perhaps you've been confused by all the roster movement, but Clarke didn't go anywhere; he's still on the team.

There were rumors that he might not be back, and excellent reasons why people thought he might not be. He's already graduated, he's suffered a whole series of injuries, and he had a very good job offer. I don't think anybody could have blamed him for giving up an injury-filled basketball career to take a good job. But, Bulldog fans are glad he's coming back.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MVCfans » June 10th, 2012, 9:07 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
MVCfans wrote:

Perhaps you've been confused by all the roster movement, but Clarke didn't go anywhere; he's still on the team.

There were rumors that he might not be back, and excellent reasons why people thought he might not be. He's already graduated, he's suffered a whole series of injuries, and he had a very good job offer. I don't think anybody could have blamed him for giving up an injury-filled basketball career to take a good job. But, Bulldog fans are glad he's coming back.

Good to know. If Van Deest is 100% and Simons can be the go to guy (which I actually felt he was last year, but will need to be moreso with Rice gone), perhaps the Bulldogs will exceed my expectations.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » June 10th, 2012, 10:05 pm

MVCfans wrote:I just posted my predictions (v2.0) on The MVC Report. Would appreciate your thoughts. As we get closer to fall, I'll update again.

Seems pretty fair, I can't argue with much of that. I think that CU will be clear favorite heading in, and that UNI, WSU, and ISUr may be a step above the rest and their positions may be interchangeable at this point.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » June 10th, 2012, 11:41 pm

Based on the title of this thread I think MVCFans believes the world will end December 23rd, 2012 ;)
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: 2012-13 MVC predictions

Postby MVCfans » June 11th, 2012, 6:04 am

PantherSigEp wrote:Based on the title of this thread I think MVCFans believes the world will end December 23rd, 2012 ;)

Corrected. Thanks. :buddies:
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ShockValue » June 11th, 2012, 8:19 am

I'd be disappointed if we finished 4th or lower. I'm not seeing UNI as good as you.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » June 11th, 2012, 9:50 pm

While I understand from a neutral viewpoint how the Bears could be picked 8th I would be floored if we actually finish there. I really think losing Weems will be addition by subtraction. He felt compelled to do too much last year and the ball stopped with him far too often. Our younger kids would just watch as he dominated the ball. This year we will share the ball better and be more unselfish. I don't mean all of this as a criticism toward the kid, he had a lot of pressure on him.

The biggest thing to happen this offseason is Moore leaving no doubt. That makes a potentially good ISURed squad a couple of rungs lower on the conference totem pole. The league should be pretty competitive 2-10.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball