Newcomer of the year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Newcomer of the year

Postby Ricardo del Rio » June 16th, 2012, 10:22 pm

The winner will be a Panther player without a doubt.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEARZ77 » June 17th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Well the Bears won't have anyone who can compete with the Shocker's walkon, but we will have a couple new guys get significant minutes, so they might win a weekly award or two. Point guard will either be Bracey a 6'3 juco transfer who was 3rd in the nation in assists, or Williams a 6'2 frosh who rs last year, but was picked in some publications as the Valley's best recruit last year. Drew Wilson should find his way on the court alot in the frontcourt and the 6'7 freshman redshirt is MSU's most atheltic player; he rebounds and defends , but needs work on the offensive end. One of the two or both Marshalls, Marcus a 6'2 shooting guard, and Bruce a 6'10 forward, might also find their way into the rotation enough to garner some attention. Still others like Mike Simpson a 6'6' Texas wing. But my money for most impactful of the Bear's newbies is Drew.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » June 18th, 2012, 5:36 am

Armstead, Early, and Wiggins will all have a chance due to talent and minutes. They will be similar to MSUs three newbies from last year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » June 18th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Based on what I've seen so far in summer league, I'd guess that Richard Carter will get the most minutes of Drake's newcomers. Much better shooter than I anticipated.....9-10 from 3-pt range in last night's games. I realize the defense isn't real tight in summer league, but was still impressed with that kind of shooting from a point guard.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TNMSUFAN » June 19th, 2012, 8:12 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Well the Bears won't have anyone who can compete with the Shocker's walkon, but we will have a couple new guys get significant minutes, so they might win a weekly award or two. Point guard will either be Bracey a 6'3 juco transfer who was 3rd in the nation in assists, or Williams a 6'2 frosh who rs last year, but was picked in some publications as the Valley's best recruit last year. Drew Wilson should find his way on the court alot in the frontcourt and the 6'7 freshman redshirt is MSU's most atheltic player; he rebounds and defends , but needs work on the offensive end. One of the two or both Marshalls, Marcus a 6'2 shooting guard, and Bruce a 6'10 forward, might also find their way into the rotation enough to garner some attention. Still others like Mike Simpson a 6'6' Texas wing. But my money for most impactful of the Bear's newbies is Drew.

I would add Gavin Thurman to this list also...very impressed with him at the pro am summer league the other day. Bears have a lot of minutes to be had and a lot of newcomers so we will have some guys in the discussion.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball