Most likely POY not named McDermott

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Most likely POY not named McDermott

Postby beatingrillz » June 19th, 2012, 12:26 am

Colt is gonna have a long year, no Denver to spread the D. I like Jackie or Mr. Brown. WSU lost all of its stars and UNI doesn't have "that" player.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hot nuts » June 19th, 2012, 1:32 am

Hands down, Rayvonte Rice, and if not...Nic Moore. Aww geez....I guess McDermott. I give up, this is a tough one.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » June 19th, 2012, 6:10 am

Snaggletooth wrote:
Wufan wrote:Cleanthony Early will be a dark horse. The two time JUCO POY is used to winning awards and at 6-8, 230 je can play three positions. We will see how he transitions to D-I.

I think WSU juco players are in for a rude awakening. Different game, different speed, different players.

Very possible. Often times that is the case. OTOH Hall, Brown, Gulley and Downing were all good to very good players as JUCO transfers just last year. There are also numerous examples of jucos not getting it early (see joe Ragland).

My comment on Early was simply based on talent, but I would currently put Jackie, Colt, and Tyler ahead of him so even if he does "get it," he might only be second or third team All MVC.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » June 19th, 2012, 7:55 am

If UNI does well, Tuttle and James could be considered.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » June 19th, 2012, 8:42 am

Wufan wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
Wufan wrote:Cleanthony Early will be a dark horse. The two time JUCO POY is used to winning awards and at 6-8, 230 je can play three positions. We will see how he transitions to D-I.

I think WSU juco players are in for a rude awakening. Different game, different speed, different players.

Very possible. Often times that is the case. OTOH Hall, Brown, Gulley and Downing were all good to very good players as JUCO transfers just last year. There are also numerous examples of jucos not getting it early (see joe Ragland).

My comment on Early was simply based on talent, but I would currently put Jackie, Colt, and Tyler ahead of him so even if he does "get it," he might only be second or third team All MVC.

being a POY is much different than being a "contributor". Hall contributed but he was no where near being POY type material.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball