WSU's fall from National prominence to "decent MVC team"

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU's fall from National prominence to "decent MVC team"

Postby Ace Dad » June 18th, 2012, 6:41 pm

shock wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:The other day I thought I had read the dumbest post in Valleytalk or MVCFANS history. I was wrong..............

This post does not deserve any more of a response.

Posting like this in every pro WSU thread just makes you look idiotic.

And I care?
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherSigEp » June 29th, 2012, 10:28 am

jwa123 wrote:Shock, how many regular season championships has WSU won in the last 30 years? Three is the answer with one in 83, another in 06 and then again this past season. One a decade on average. However, in '83 WSU was on probation.

How many MVC tournament championships has WSU won in the last 30 years? Two is the answer with the last one was in '87 and the previous one was in '85.

IMPRESSIVE :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oooh I just HATE evidence and hard facts. Please stop using logic and common sense ;)
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » July 5th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Aargh wrote:From the '60's through the '80's, WSU was a nationally prominent team. There were a few down years, but there were F4's. #1 national rankings, games between the #1 and #2 teams in the nation, and we were playing in the #1 basketball conference in the nation.

Then there was some conference realignment and WSU came out on the short end. The Valley added a bunch of schools that were just out of D2 status. In today's environment the Valley added the equivalent of Emporia State and SEMO.

That was a huge boost for the schools that were added. Those schools had immediate national attention because of their affiliation with WSU, Bradley, Drake, and Creighton.

The opposite thing happened to the existing schools. They were removed from national prominence and playing against brand new D1 schools. Recruiting, coaching hires, and the national level of their programs took a huge hit.

Now WSU fans have to listen to "you haven't done that much since we've been in your league". Well, guess what, it's your presence in our league that has cost us our national prominence. The MVC used to be the #1 basketball conference in the nation.

The schools remaining from that era are CU, BU, DU, WSU. If you're not a fan of one of those, your school has contributed to the Valley going from #1 to #10 or so.

The saddest part is that you take pride in having brought a once proud program (WSU) to mediocrity because your presence in the league diminished the quality of recruits and coaches that WSU could pursue.

Put a nationally prominent team into a league with a bunch of D2 schools and the D1 team is going to take a dive. Then the fans of the D2 schools take shots at the nationally prom,inent team for their fall from prominence.
Awesome job Aargh.

B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball