APR Released

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

APR Released

Postby havoc » June 20th, 2012, 12:45 pm

The Annual Academic Progress Report was released by the NCAA. No Valley schools will face postseason bans, but two program are very close. Overall, 10 D1 programs will be ineligible for postseason play next year. They are California State-Bakersfield (still under review), Jacksonville State, Mississippi Valley State, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, Towson, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, California-Riverside, Connecticut, North Carolina-Wilmington, and Toledo. The cutoff is 900 over four years or 930 over two years. By 2015-16, all teams must hit a four-year average of 930. What the NCAA terms "limited-resource" schools -- most of them HBCUs -- have a more relaxed phase-in leading up to a required four-year average of 930 by 2016-17. A score of 930 represents a 50% graduation rate.

Drake - 977
Creighton - 975
Illinois State - 973
Bradley - 970
UNI - 970
Evansville - 956
WSU - 954
Indiana State - 929
SIU - 908
Missouri State - 902
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

APR Released

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: APR Released

Postby ihsi » June 20th, 2012, 12:58 pm

SIU was one poor grade from Treg Setty away from falling under 900.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » June 20th, 2012, 4:29 pm

I am not crazy about this system and it being used to negatively impact kid's opportunities of playing in March. I am not expert on the mechanics of the system but things like coaching changes and the inevitable transfers that follow seems to really wreck some schools.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » June 20th, 2012, 4:31 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I am not crazy about this system and it being used to negatively impact kid's opportunities of playing in March. I am not expert on the mechanics of the system but things like coaching changes and the inevitable transfers that follow seems to really wreck some schools.

If a kid is in good academic standing at a school it has no negative impact on their APR if they transfer.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shock » June 21st, 2012, 12:01 am

If I remember right, as long as a former player graduates on time, they don't count against the school.
Our last five are still collectively better than your starting lineup.
shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » June 21st, 2012, 1:35 pm

uniftw wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I am not crazy about this system and it being used to negatively impact kid's opportunities of playing in March. I am not expert on the mechanics of the system but things like coaching changes and the inevitable transfers that follow seems to really wreck some schools.

If a kid is in good academic standing at a school it has no negative impact on their APR if they transfer.

Thanks for the info. I will probably never love the system though. The NCAA should pay more attention on the courts and fields of play and let their member institutions handle affairs off the court.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » June 21st, 2012, 1:41 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Thanks for the info. I will probably never love the system though. The NCAA should pay more attention on the courts and fields of play and let their member institutions handle affairs off the court.

That's what lead to Oklahoma St. (and others) graduating athletes who couldn't even read. I'm hopeing at least some of us still support the idea that college basketball should be something more than the minor leagues for the NBA.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball