NBA Draft - Garrett Stutz

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » June 25th, 2012, 6:12 am

Looks like there is a good chance that Garrett Stutz could hear his name called during the NBA draft this week and that would certainly be a positive for Wichita State and the Valley if it occurs. I compiled a couple of article and notes on the main page.

link: The MVC Report - Garrett Stutz moving onto NBA draft boards
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NBA Draft - Garrett Stutz

Postby Jet915 » June 25th, 2012, 7:59 am

Good luck to Stutz, hope he gets drafted.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » June 25th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Good stuff. Hope it happens for him. He certainly has worked out with A LOT of teams so that has to be a good sign. Even if he doesn't get drafted I could still see him landing on a roster somewhere just because of how many teams have had him in for workouts. Good luck to him. Couldn't happen to a better guy!
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » June 25th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Very cool. I think his game translates pretty well into the pro game being able to go inside and out. Pretty nice paycheck even as the 11th or 12th man on a team.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » June 25th, 2012, 7:49 pm

He is a better NBA player than college player and I truly mean that as a compliment. I like his game and his personality. Good luck!
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » June 25th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Nice to see a KC metro kid have a chance to play in the association. In the mock drafts there seems to be an incredible lack of foreigners which should help Stutz get picked since nearly all 60 picks will be US college kids.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » June 26th, 2012, 7:27 am

I'm not saying he can't, but it would be a surprise to me if he made it in the NBA.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » June 26th, 2012, 9:06 am

Ali wrote:I'm not saying he can't, but it would be a surprise to me if he made it in the NBA.

I said the same about Prince Korver.

And Tim Duncan, I might add.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 26th, 2012, 9:13 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Ali wrote:I'm not saying he can't, but it would be a surprise to me if he made it in the NBA.

If you told me during his freshman year that Anthony Tolliver would end up in the NBA, I would have told you to put down the crack pipe, get to an optometrist and/or seek counseling!

I did, however, think that Tim Duncan was a lock.

I don't see Stutz in the NBA, but think he will make a very lucrative living playing in Europe. I do wish him the best. Every MVC player that makes the NBA, helps recruiting for all of us as it is something else to rebut the "I have to go to a BCS school to get into the NBA" line that the BCS schools sell hard in the recruiting process.

I've often heard it said that it may be better to go undrafted than be a late second round pick. That gives you flexibility to pick a team/situation that is best for you instead of being stuck with a team where you have little chance of making the roster. As a result, Shocker fans shouldn't be too disappointed if he doesn't get drafted.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » June 26th, 2012, 9:39 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:

Agreed. Just finished his 10th year. Has made $4-5M the last 6 years. Chicago with Rose out for 2013 will probably dismantle the 'bench mob" to save bucks. Korver could have a new team real soon.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball