Colt or doug

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Colt or doug

Postby jackwagon » July 19th, 2012, 5:09 am

Who leads the valley in scoring this season? I think colt can average 23 or 24 a game this season. Kid has gotten better every season and with the loss of holmes and harris they will need his scoring even more. I can see him chucking up a lot of shots this season. Doug is the better player but he has much more around him and will not shoot quite as often. Thoughts? or opinions of any other potential scoring champions
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Colt or doug

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Colt or doug

Postby valleychamp » July 19th, 2012, 9:48 am

I have serious doubts that Ryan can match the season he had last year. I think he may in fact find it more difficult to score with the loss of Holmes.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » July 19th, 2012, 11:39 am

valleychamp wrote:I have serious doubts that Ryan can match the season he had last year. I think he may in fact find it more difficult to score with the loss of Holmes.

I agree, if the can find away to get Sawell to the 4 (natural position IMHO) that might help. Not sure where the Aces are this year, kinda remind me of the Bears last year could be a one man show and not sure if Ryan is tgat guy. He has always seemed to score garbage points late in the game ;)
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » July 19th, 2012, 12:59 pm

All kidding aside I think Colt will get his points and lead the MVC in scoring this year. His FG% may go down due to more pressure and less around him but the kid has showed he's a scorer.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » July 19th, 2012, 1:26 pm

I wouldn;t be surprised at all to see Colt win the scoring title.

The OP is right - Creighton will have a lot of weapons around Doug. I also expect Echenique to play the entire season the way he ended the year, which means more post touches for him and less for Doug.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » July 19th, 2012, 2:52 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I wouldn;t be surprised at all to see Colt win the scoring title.

The OP is right - Creighton will have a lot of weapons around Doug. I also expect Echenique to play the entire season the way he ended the year, which means more post touches for him and less for Doug.

:+1:

I except GE to have a BIG year. :bounce:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » July 19th, 2012, 3:34 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I wouldn;t be surprised at all to see Colt win the scoring title.

If he (GE) does play as he did at the end of the year then CU should have a HUGE year. There's not another post in the MVC that should be able to handle him.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » July 19th, 2012, 8:41 pm

The correct answer is Dougie.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Tom Servo » July 20th, 2012, 8:04 am

agrinut wrote:
valleychamp wrote:I have serious doubts that Ryan can match the season he had last year. I think he may in fact find it more difficult to score with the loss of Holmes.

I agree, if the can find away to get Sawell to the 4 (natural position IMHO) that might help. Not sure where the Aces are this year, kinda remind me of the Bears last year could be a one man show and not sure if Ryan is tgat guy. He has always seemed to score garbage points late in the game ;)

I think you are 100% correct about Sawvell. If Simmons moves him away from the 5 to the 4 he could become a double digit scorer, and I also expect Ned Cox to have a big year. If those two things happen he could really have a big year, if Sawvell doesn't move to the four, I could see Ryan having trouble getting shots off because defenses will key on him even more than they did before.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Red » July 23rd, 2012, 10:55 am

Colt and Doug could each average 25ppg this year.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball