Colt or doug

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Colt or doug

Postby cu8493 » July 23rd, 2012, 12:18 pm

My guess is Doug's scoring average will be around 20, while I would not be surprised to see Colt closer to 23 -25 range. Echinique will pick up more scoring, and teams will have had an entire offseason to ponder the question what do you do about a problem named Doug. He will get his, but I see the supporting cast picking up more of the scoring load than this past year. I think even with the loss of Young we will have more conistent other options.
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » July 30th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Red wrote:Colt and Doug could each average 25ppg this year.

Dougie, Dougie, Dougie.

Both can score, but I like Dougie for other reasons such as rebounding. He is very clever around the basket. Very skilled. When he is on the floor, the other Jays play better. Opponents are fearful of his inside-outside scoring threat. He is a tough dude. No doubt about it.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » July 30th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:

Dougie, Dougie, Dougie.

Both can score, but I like Dougie for other reasons such as rebounding. He is very clever around the basket. Very skilled. When he is on the floor, the other Jays play better. Opponents are fearful of his inside-outside scoring threat. He is a tough dude. No doubt about it.

If I could pick one player I'd pick Doug too. I agree he's tough. But Colt proved to be pretty tough last year too. It's almost as if he took all that talk about him not being good in the clutch to heart. Based on the mvc games I saw you could make an argument for him as our best clutch performer (last year). At least in the games I saw him play.
Last edited by glm38 on July 30th, 2012, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby havoc » July 30th, 2012, 1:23 pm

glm38 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

Dougie, Dougie, Dougie.

If I could pick one player I'd pick Doug too. I agree he's tough. But Colt proved to be pretty tough last year too. It's almost as if he took all that talk about him not being good in the clutch to heart. Based on the mvc games I saw you could make an argument for him as our best clutch performer (last year).

He wasn't even the best clutch performer on his team last year.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jays26 » July 30th, 2012, 2:24 pm

Really Dude?????? Do you think it might of had something to do with teams double teaming him at the end of games so the best option was Young.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby agrinut » July 30th, 2012, 5:09 pm

havoc wrote:

And Colt was? Looked to me like Mr. Ryan refused to be the man late in close games. Denver Holmes is responsible for 3 UE wins last year.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby havoc » July 30th, 2012, 7:02 pm

agrinut wrote:
havoc wrote:

And Colt was? Looked to me like Mr. Ryan refused to be the man late in close games. Denver Holmes is responsible for 3 UE wins last year.

That is exactly what I was saying. Read the post before you flip out next time.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby havoc » July 30th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Jays26 wrote:

Really Dude?????? Do you think it might of had something to do with teams double teaming him at the end of games so the best option was Young.

Does it matter? Holmes was given the opportunity multiple times late to win games and he did just about every time. I would call that pretty clutch.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby agrinut » July 30th, 2012, 8:29 pm

havoc wrote:
agrinut wrote:
havoc wrote:

That is exactly what I was saying. Read the post before you flip out next time.

If that is a flip out I can't wait to see Creighton fans when the BJ's lose in Carbondale this February.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » July 31st, 2012, 8:00 am

Does it matter? Holmes was given the opportunity multiple times late to win games and he did just about every time. I would call that pretty clutch.

My bad....didn't read it close enough, thought you were talking about Doug.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball