Colt or doug

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Colt or doug

Postby sixth ace » July 31st, 2012, 4:27 pm

Please keep it for review in March! He who laugh last laughs best! :dance: :dance: :dance:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jackwagon » July 31st, 2012, 5:46 pm

sixth ace wrote:Evansville has Sawvell at 6"8" who played the 5 most of last year. Simmons talking that he'll be at the power forward mainly. Jaylon Moore 6'8" 240 sophomore at the 5 more than likely with 6'8 Rokas Cesnulevicius backing him and Sawvell up. Freshmen David Howard joins them at 6"7" and Senior Louis Jones 6'4"can back any of them up. In the 3 the Ace have a redshirt sophomore Jahr at 6'6" and freshman Adam Wing6'5" from the Kentucky All Star. Senior Troy Taylor,Ned Cox and Colt Ryan along with Sophmore Jordan Nelson make up the back court. Also Indiana All Star DJ Ballentine is our future point guard.

Evansville will have four experience seniors returning and 3 sophmore bigs who had major playing time last year and an experience red shirt sophmore at the wing.

Ryan will be better this year because Evansville will have more weapons to burn opponents. You don't need rebounds when you make your points

wowwww 6'8 and 6'7 centers with 6'4 guys to back them up!!!!!! Just give them the valley title now. Ryan and Coxs are good guards but they have the worst bigs in the league. Thats why they will be in the middle of the pack again
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » July 31st, 2012, 5:47 pm

sixth ace wrote:Please keep it for review in March! He who laugh last laughs best! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Kind of reminds me of those ISUB fans last summer, where are they now?......just sayin'.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » July 31st, 2012, 6:46 pm

Jet915 wrote:
sixth ace wrote:Please keep it for review in March! He who laugh last laughs best! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Kind of reminds me of those ISUB fans last summer, where are they now?......just sayin'.

Wow I make 3 or 4 factual comments on Evansville and here comes Valley talk all over. I'll still be here no matter what the outcome. I made nothing but a prediction and gave some facts. I'll have the last laugh. :Beer:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » July 31st, 2012, 9:11 pm

sixth ace wrote:Ryan will be better this year because Evansville will have more weapons to burn opponents. You don't need rebounds when you make your points

I'm not seeing it. In fact, it looks to me like Evansville lost some pretty key weapons from last year. I think Evansville slips a bit from last year.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UE 71 » August 1st, 2012, 12:47 am

UE is in Europe as I type recruiting big men at the European championships. Not saying they will be successful or that a signed recruit will be the answer, but let's just see what happens.
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » August 1st, 2012, 5:47 am

A euro big man won't help Colt after he graduates.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » August 1st, 2012, 6:58 am

sixth ace wrote:
LJay wrote:Can't ever forget watching UE and Ryan embarrass the MVC on national TV against No. Carolina last year. It was a name your score game and Ryan only wound up with about 8 points or something because he scored some garbage points late after they were behind by about 50. He was pretty pathetic with the only thing worse being the non-existant inside game of the Aces.

If that is the team (losing a couple key guys) that is going to win the legaue then we should be playing the SWAC champs in the playin game.

It's also the team that beat Creighton in Evansville and lost by 1 at their house. :huh:

Scheduling anomaly. CU went into a two week swoon in February where they played poor basketball and we're quite pedestrian losing three straight in a 29-6 season. The anomaly was that they played their two UE games in this period having not yet played the Aces that late in the season yet having completed their series with a number of other MVC schools.

The MVC tournament was more indicative of the talent difference.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » August 1st, 2012, 9:29 am

Wufan wrote:A euro big man won't help Colt after he graduates.

If the Aces get the big euro man he'll be ready to go immediately There is life in Evansville after Colt Ryan
:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » August 1st, 2012, 9:34 am

UE 71 wrote:UE is in Europe as I type recruiting big men at the European championships. Not saying they will be successful or that a signed recruit will be the answer, but let's just see what happens.

Instead of Europe, I recommend importing a big guy from South America... Euros are soft.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball