Will there be more MVC games on TV this year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby KCfan » July 25th, 2012, 8:01 pm

Long time Valley fan living in KC. I wish we could get more games on TV down here. Does anyone know if the coverage will increase this year? I hoped with the success of last season and McDermott's preseason pub that maybe we'd get more games on TV down here.
KCfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Will there be more MVC games on TV this year?

Postby DoubleJayAlum » July 26th, 2012, 7:39 am

No.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby KCfan » July 26th, 2012, 7:50 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:No.

Have the ESPN schedules been released? I thought for sure that I'd be able to see more WSU, CU and MSU games on ESPNU this yeart after the great season last year.
KCfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby agrinut » July 26th, 2012, 8:51 am

KCfan wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:No.

Have the ESPN schedules been released? I thought for sure that I'd be able to see more WSU, CU and MSU games on ESPNU this yeart after the great season last year.

If you are in KC you will likely see every MSU away game. I think the MVC got screwed due to nonperformance the last 5 years in the last contract and we will really pay for it until the league is regularly high rpi and multiple bids.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoBraves » July 26th, 2012, 12:23 pm

I think the way to go in this era is video streaming via el Internet, if available for your team.
The Bradley package gives fans about 25 games per year for just $30.
The streaming sometimes has much to be desired, but it's getting a little better with each passing year.
And the video manager for BU gets the video replay for fans within a couple days - if not 24 hours from when the game was played.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » July 26th, 2012, 3:14 pm

Drake's opening round game in the Anaheim Classic is on ESPN2.....I'm guessing all the games in that tourney are on one of the ESPN networks.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jet915 » July 26th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Well, we'll definitely have alot of games for bracketbuster! As an aside, Creighton will play Wisconsin on ESPN2 for the Las Vegas Tourney.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » July 27th, 2012, 8:23 am

I would be surprised if Redbirds @ Louisville isn't on the ESPN networks. I can also see ESPN potentially showing Jays vs Birds too.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » July 27th, 2012, 8:42 am

DUBulldog wrote:Drake's opening round game in the Anaheim Classic is on ESPN2.....I'm guessing all the games in that tourney are on one of the ESPN networks.

Yeah, the Anaheim Classic is owned by ESPN. They created the thing, along with others like the Old Spice Classic, to feed their content need. As a result, I'd expect the games to appear on at least one the channels in the ESPN family.

Creighton plays in the Anaheim Classic next year, so if any Drakers are going, I'd love to hear some travel tips. Since it is held on a Disney property, I suspect this is a trip I can sell the wife on as a "family get away" although I hope the Jays play better than they did on the last trip to a Disney tourney... :roll:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » July 27th, 2012, 8:44 am

Jet915 wrote:Well, we'll definitely have alot of games for bracketbuster! As an aside, Creighton will play Wisconsin on ESPN2 for the Las Vegas Tourney.

It looks like all of the games in this Vegas tourney will be televised, so Creighton will be on TV again the next day against either Arkansas or Arizona St too.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball