How many ncaa bids this year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: How many ncaa bids this year?

Postby achrist70 » July 31st, 2012, 11:36 am

I really think that this is a 3 bid year for the Valley, we are getting a lot more love from places like ESPN than a few years ago, and while they don't decide the bids they do get our conference noticed by the committee. Right now I would say that Creighton is a safe bet to make it by auto or at large and I think that UNI will do well enough early on to get an at large if they don't win the conference, for me both ISUs, and Wichita have the ability to do well enough to make it, but they need to take control of their fate. Last year we had two teams do that, and had 6 teams that I truly don't think knew what their team could or should be and that is why we had the cluster. If one or two of those teams take control we will be looking at 3-4 bids.
achrist70
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » July 31st, 2012, 1:21 pm

I hope 3 but predict 2. Hopefully we have a 3rd team that can hang with the top 2 in the league and have a good non-conf to get them in.

Prediction for Creighton: win the league, win the tourney and get no worse than a 5 seed and play in KC! :bounce: :buddies:

Looks like I will be spending a lot of time/money in the Show Me State in March. :Yea!:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » July 31st, 2012, 4:02 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:Based upon the posts, which I have been reading, the following teams will make the Big Dance:

In no particular order of rating:

Blue Birds
Bars
Red Birds
Panthers
Trees

The Bars, huh? Never heard of them. Have you confused this forum with one of another conference such as the SWAC? ;)

Sixth Ace has gone bonkers, so I am adding UE.

Purple Aces
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » July 31st, 2012, 7:18 pm

Ali wrote:I think UNI can win the league and make the dance. So let's say 2 MVC teams in the tourney.

Got it.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby FeartheQ » July 31st, 2012, 10:22 pm

I'll say 1 unless Creighton loses in STL
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby UE 71 » August 1st, 2012, 12:39 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:Based upon the posts, which I have been reading, the following teams will make the Big Dance:

In no particular order of rating:

Blue Birds
Bars
Red Birds
Panthers
Trees

The Bars, huh? Never heard of them. Have you confused this forum with one of another conference such as the SWAC? ;)

Davey Crockett kilt him a bar when he was only three! :D
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdmanBB » August 1st, 2012, 8:09 am

Not a lot of confidence in a redbird team that handled UNI in St. Louis. I know we lost Nic Moore, but there are still 4 starters returning. I also think that people tend to forget we have one of the best 6th men in the league in Bryant Allen who is also capable of handling the point.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shock » August 1st, 2012, 8:29 am

Cretin will come in second in the regular season. Team 1 will win the regular season and lose in the tourney. Team 2 will come in third in the regular season but will whoop CU and team 1 in the tourney.
Team 1 and Team 2 are (in no particular order) WSU and ISUR.
Our last five are still collectively better than your starting lineup.
shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » August 1st, 2012, 8:37 am

BirdmanBB wrote:Not a lot of confidence in a redbird team that handled UNI in St. Louis. I know we lost Nic Moore, but there are still 4 starters returning. I also think that people tend to forget we have one of the best 6th men in the league in Bryant Allen who is also capable of handling the point.

First of all, I love Bryant Allen. That kid is quick, explosive, a deadeye shooter when he's on and just plain fun to watch. I'll admit that last year there were times when I wondered why he wasn't starting.

However, I have to admit that I'm not sure what to think of IlSU either. There is no doubt that IlSU returns a lot of good talent, especially in the post. I do think many IlSU supporters might be underestimating the impact of the coaching change though. I know Jank wasn't some super X and O's guy, but implementing a new system, especially one that is complex, usually takes a little time. Losing your quarterback on the court, and potentially having to rely on a new freshman, doesn't help matters either.

Of all the teams in the conference, I think IlSu is the toughest to slot this year. They could end up anywhere from conference champion to just barely avoiding the play-in game. There are solid arguments either way.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » August 1st, 2012, 9:27 am

valleyclimber wrote:IMHO The Valley should have a real nice shot at getting 3 dancing this season. CU is fairly likely, and if UNI and The Redbirds take of of biz in both their non-con and MVC, then we could be watching 3 Valley reps in the Big Dance...got love it!

Also think WSU should be a solid MVC team, and the bottom teams (BU and SIU) might be improved enough to really give The Valley a nice bump up in the conference RPI department.

ROCK IT VALLEY!! :buddies:

Absolutely a 0% chance that SIU gives any RPI bump. If our non-conference RPI is better than 325 we have a successful season.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball