An argument for Missouri State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: An argument for Missouri State

Postby DoubleJayAlum » August 6th, 2012, 6:22 am

STL MVC wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
STL MVC wrote:I find all the Kyle Weems hate bizarre. I enjoyed watching him compete as much as any other player I've ever seen come through this conference. Sure, he shot MSU out of a few games this year because he was shouldering such a heavy load, but what's not to like? How quickly we forget his magical junior season... his game-winners against UNI in the regular season and against SIU in the Arch Madness quarterfinals. He's a tough-nosed defender and good rebounder, a guy who made big shot after big shot in his career, and, most importantly, a guy who stayed true to his school even when major schools were offering him a chance to transfer after Cuonzo Martin left.

And yes, it's true, Weems is a very likable interview personality. Reflective, thoughtful, fun to listen to. You can tell he really cares. I am stunned at how much some of you dislike him.

I am pretty sure you are a liberal.

Two threads in a row now, you've come after me with some sort of snarky comment. Grow up.

That's my advice to anybody who doesn't like Kyle Weems, too. Do any of you realize how much crap goes on behind the scenes? How much yapping and trash talking goes on at every level of sports? God forbid a guy stare down a bench every once in a while. I'm sure half the league has done that at some point.

I love how everybody who doesn't like Weems' antics are the people that need to grow up. You'll be a great enabler some day.

I've got a better idea - maybe Weems is the one that needs to grow up.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TNMSUFAN » August 6th, 2012, 7:54 am

The Bears had a 25 minute scrimmage on Sat that was separated 10...10...5 minute segments. Frosh Gavin Thurman was the leading scorer with 19pts...Anthony Downing, Christian Kirk, RS Frosh Drew Wilson and Frosh Marcus Marshall had 12 each. Juco guard Tevin Bracey had 8ast and Downing 7. I know it is early but we really seem to be pushing the ball more this year and pressuring out further. Interested to see how we play this week in Costa Rica.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » August 6th, 2012, 8:51 am

STL MVC wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
STL MVC wrote:I find all the Kyle Weems hate bizarre. I enjoyed watching him compete as much as any other player I've ever seen come through this conference. Sure, he shot MSU out of a few games this year because he was shouldering such a heavy load, but what's not to like? How quickly we forget his magical junior season... his game-winners against UNI in the regular season and against SIU in the Arch Madness quarterfinals. He's a tough-nosed defender and good rebounder, a guy who made big shot after big shot in his career, and, most importantly, a guy who stayed true to his school even when major schools were offering him a chance to transfer after Cuonzo Martin left.

And yes, it's true, Weems is a very likable interview personality. Reflective, thoughtful, fun to listen to. You can tell he really cares. I am stunned at how much some of you dislike him.

I am pretty sure you are a liberal.

Two threads in a row now, you've come after me with some sort of snarky comment. Grow up.

That's my advice to anybody who doesn't like Kyle Weems, too. Do any of you realize how much crap goes on behind the scenes? How much yapping and trash talking goes on at every level of sports? God forbid a guy stare down a bench every once in a while. I'm sure half the league has done that at some point.

I've played sports at every level...from age 4 through college (football). I'm fully aware of what goes on during the course of a game....

Weems did a lot of things that were "normal" during the course of a game...HOWEVER he did just as many things things he did that went well beyond the normal "jawing" that goes on during a game. He went from "jawing" to disrespecting the opposing team, fans, and honestly the game with some of his actions.

Say what you want about "growing up/maning up" about it all there ARE unwritten rules in EVERY SPORT at EVERY LEVEL you follow...and if you don't you will have issues. Weems got lucky he played in the MVC when he did. Had he pulled this crap against SIU during their run he would have been laid the F out. Heck, had he done anything he did in any of the "major" conferences, NBA, NBADL, etc... he would have spent more time on the floor than on his feet. He is lucky the MVC is a "gentleman's" league compared to a lot of others.

As for the comments (From whomever it was that said them) that the only reason other fans don't like him because they beat them....UNI went 6-2 against MSU during Weems tenure - with one of the losses coming on a 40 footer from Weems as time expired in Cedar Falls.....He went on to celebrate, NOT WITH HIS TEAMMATES, but looking at the crowd thumping his chest mimicking a throat slash (notice I'm not saying he was doing it, but it looked a heck of a lot like it if it wasn't).

The other comment was that we never actually saw Weems do anything like we are saying....full of crap. It was witnessed game after game after game after game over the course of 4 years. I saw it 8 times in Cedar Falls, 4 or 5 games of MSU in St. Louis in person...plus a 6-8 on TV/ESPN3 over the last 4 years - His antics aren't really that over stated.

Now....having said all of that, Weems may be a great guy that spends all of his time working for charities, donating money, volunteering for Big Brothers/Big Sisters, etc.... The fact is MSU fans shouldn't be shocked at how he is viewed by other fans. Just like WSU fans shouldn't be shocked at how Double G is perceived....or CU and Mc$.

Also, I'm pretty sure this MVC Fan who isn't a fan of any school is a MSU fan using a * neutral* screenname to give an *outsiders* opinion about how MSU is going to be AWESOME.

One last thing - HA THAT MSUBEAR42 IS TALKING ABOUT SOURCES IN THE MVC OFFICE.....I WONDER IF COACH LUSK GOT HIM THOSE WHEN HE TALKS TO HIM ABOUT BEARNATION.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » August 6th, 2012, 10:12 am

Boy people are sure spending a lot of time talking about a play in team. :Bam:
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » August 6th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Red wrote:Boy people are sure spending a lot of time talking about a play in team. :Bam:

I don't see where anyone including the bears fans on here are predicting great things this YEAR? :Bam:

Bears fans are just saying we may exceed the low expectations due to a lot of young talent. Even the original poster was just laying out why he thinks the future looks bright. And I agree with him.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » August 6th, 2012, 10:15 pm

That sure was a fun game, didn't see the throat slash but I was too busy watching the team celebrate too much. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeodKfwhjSA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball