The ultimate Mr. Underrated in this league....

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby STL MVC » July 30th, 2012, 10:59 am

It's Troy Taylor.

--League's best defensive guard
--2:1 assist to turnover ratio
--Unbelievable rebounder for his size (6'0'') from the backcourt
--By the end of the season he was almost indispensable. Simmons couldn't take him off the court.
--Knows his role. Won't look to score often, never shoots because he knows it's a limitation.

I love this guy. If I'm building a team, this is who I want. When you have a scorer as dynamic as Colt Ryan on your team, you need somebody to embrace the role of facilitator, and that's exactly what Taylor has done.
STL MVC
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The ultimate Mr. Underrated in this league....

Postby Ricardo del Rio » July 30th, 2012, 12:14 pm

STL MVC wrote:It's Troy Taylor.

--League's best defensive guard
--2:1 assist to turnover ratio
--Unbelievable rebounder for his size (6'0'') from the backcourt
--By the end of the season he was almost indispensable. Simmons couldn't take him off the court.
--Knows his role. Won't look to score often, never shoots because he knows it's a limitation.

I love this guy. If I'm building a team, this is who I want. When you have a scorer as dynamic as Colt Ryan on your team, you need somebody to embrace the role of facilitator, and that's exactly what Taylor has done.

Never heard of him.

Have you confused this forum with one of another conference such as the SWAC?
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » July 31st, 2012, 6:26 am

STL MVC wrote:--Knows his role. Won't look to score often, never shoots because he knows it's a limitation.

Could say the same thing about McD and defense. If I'm starting a team, I'll take Doug.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shock » August 1st, 2012, 6:06 am

Pfft. Doug is a marshmallow. And Mr. Cotton hassome words with troy, as does Mr. Armstead
Our last five are still collectively better than your starting lineup.
shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdmanBB » August 1st, 2012, 8:04 am

I would have to say John Wilkins as far as underrated goes. His defensive tenacity in St. Louis as well as the NIT was something to admire.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shock » August 1st, 2012, 8:19 am

If I was building a team, I would tale the players I would not want to face. Doug is a HUGE liability on D. My first choices would be Jackie and Carl. Of you had both of those players in the same front court, national champs.
Our last five are still collectively better than your starting lineup.
shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » August 1st, 2012, 8:28 am

shock wrote:If I was building a team, I would tale the players I would not want to face. Doug is a HUGE liability on D. My first choices would be Jackie and Carl. Of you had both of those players in the same front court, national champs.

You would pass on a first team all-american to take Carl Hall or Jackie Carmichael?

Its a little early to start drinking, don'tcha think?

I never cease to be amazed at the lack of basketball knowledge on this board. :Bam:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » August 1st, 2012, 8:41 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
shock wrote:If I was building a team, I would tale the players I would not want to face. Doug is a HUGE liability on D. My first choices would be Jackie and Carl. Of you had both of those players in the same front court, national champs.

You would pass on a first team all-american to take Carl Hall or Jackie Carmichael?

I never cease to be amazed at the lack of basketball knowledge on this board. :Bam:

DJA...Consider who said it.....and It's never too early to start drinking if you live in Wichita. :buddies:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PorkTornado » August 1st, 2012, 8:46 am

By that logic you'd take Echenique, but I'm not sure you were going for logic.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » August 1st, 2012, 3:34 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:

You will be glad to know that I quit drinking almost 25 years ago and I am taking Dougie over Carl and Jackie.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball