Who has the Best Fan Forum in the Valley?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who has the Best Fan Forum in the Valley?

Postby PorkTornado » August 10th, 2012, 9:53 am

valleychamp wrote:Image

Its a sad story actually. He had spent much of that boat ride trying to find someone to take his picture but was greeted with, "get the hell away from me," and "when will you be bringing out the stuffed mushrooms?" So what is an enterprising, young, fat necked doof to do? He scoured the deck to find the perfect place to set his camera up where he could position himself casually against a railing with proof that he had overcome his crippling fear of being more than 15 minutes away from a Wendy's. After several attempts and several deleted photos with blurry images of people walking in front of him he saw his chance. Nobody was coming so he set the timer and rushed back to his spot. His mind was racing as he repeated to himself, "act cool, don't smile." In his haste he hadn't noticed that he spilled his reisling, but by the time he did, it was too late. The authorities had been alerted to the mess he had made in the restroom and was forced to remain in custody for the remainder of the harbor tour.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Pinkie » August 10th, 2012, 11:02 am

I'm just glad I can't see what his left hand is holding.
Pinkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ali » August 14th, 2012, 7:24 am

Most of the school boards are fine for their purpose. I've enjoyed MVCFANS a lot to talk with other fan bases and I'm glad it's actually moderated unlike some previous boards.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bigdawg » August 15th, 2012, 8:53 am

SalukiTalk hands down.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » August 16th, 2012, 7:52 pm

I go to other teams sites for one thing, recruiting info. For that, WSU wins due to Trop. However, Hilltop at the CU board is now in his class. Da Coach has good info at the Bradley board. Illi State and Mizzi State also have good info.

The most worthless board for someone searching for this info is Salukitalk with their 86 page thread entitled "2013 targets"...really, WTF! How can you find anything about kids being recruited with something like that? The UNI board does the same thing until they get a commit then a kid gets his own thread so they don't finish in the cellar.

Just not a lot of activity at the Drake board but it's okay. I don't go to the UE or Indie State boards Actually not sure there is a UE board.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » August 16th, 2012, 9:35 pm

LJay wrote:I go to other teams sites for one thing, recruiting info. For that, WSU wins due to Trop. However, Hilltop at the CU board is now in his class. Da Coach has good info at the Bradley board. Illi State and Mizzi State also have good info.

The most worthless board for someone searching for this info is Salukitalk with their 86 page thread entitled "2013 targets"...really, WTF! How can you find anything about kids being recruited with something like that? The UNI board does the same thing until they get a commit then a kid gets his own thread so they don't finish in the cellar.

Just not a lot of activity at the Drake board but it's okay. I don't go to the UE or Indie State boards Actually not sure there is a UE board.

It's fairly easy to find information in a "target" thread....the search function is awesome. Also, knowing the information in the thread makes it pretty easy to find.

Better than clogging a forum with 20-30 individual threads a year about kids that you'll only get 3-5 of
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » August 17th, 2012, 5:02 pm

uniftw wrote:
LJay wrote:I go to other teams sites for one thing, recruiting info. For that, WSU wins due to Trop. However, Hilltop at the CU board is now in his class. Da Coach has good info at the Bradley board. Illi State and Mizzi State also have good info.

It's fairly easy to find information in a "target" thread....the search function is awesome. Also, knowing the information in the thread makes it pretty easy to find.
Better than clogging a forum with 20-30 individual threads a year about kids that you'll only get 3-5 of

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Unless you are very familiar with who your going after then you search function is worthless. The only people that is good for is the 10 wonks who are on there all the time not the casual Panther fan or visitor from another program.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby underdawg » August 19th, 2012, 3:05 pm

As far as usable recruiting info this Saluki Fan goes to the Braves or the ISU red board. That's because ISU and BU basically recruit the same basketball players as SIU. I also watch the PJ Star and Bloomington-Normal newspaper sites.
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball