Who has the Best Fan Forum in the Valley?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby the valley boys » August 7th, 2012, 7:31 pm

I wonder who has the best fan forum in "The Valley"? Rank your top three and include MVCFans if you think they deserve such accolades.
the valley boys
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Who has the Best Fan Forum in the Valley?

Postby achrist70 » August 7th, 2012, 9:33 pm

I think that Panther Nation, Shocker Net, and Saluki Talk seem to be pretty good although all 3 tend to implode from time to time, Drake Nation, and Bear Nation are just a bit below those 3 but still have good discussion. Blue Jay Underground is decent but is relatively new. The other schools I have never been that impressed with, not hating just personal preference. As for MVC Fans, it isn't quite there yet, but it is growing, Valley Talk was over run by a few posters, and I am glad that it hasn't happened on this site yet.
achrist70
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PorkTornado » August 8th, 2012, 9:28 am

achrist70 wrote:I think that Panther Nation, Shocker Net, and Saluki Talk seem to be pretty good although all 3 tend to implode from time to time, Drake Nation, and Bear Nation are just a bit below those 3 but still have good discussion. Blue Jay* Underground is decent but is relatively new. The other schools I have never been that impressed with, not hating just personal preference. As for MVC Fans, it isn't quite there yet, but it is growing, Valley Talk was over run by a few posters, and I am glad that it hasn't happened on this site yet.

*Bluejay
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ShockValue » August 8th, 2012, 10:52 am

The best boards are the active ones. Ours like many gets pretty quiet during the summer. Bradley and SIU seem to be the best of those I've visited.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » August 8th, 2012, 11:49 am

School specific boards:
1. SalukiTalk: Those guys are hilarious (intentionally). I view it daily in season or out of season
2. SycamorePride: I view daily during the season. Have never posted, but laugh and many of the things that are said (unintentionally).
3. Shockernet: It is the 800 pound gorilla. I have read some really low grade stuff there but there are some really good posters. I like it.

BearNation is um not on the list. It is as regulated and controlled as North Korea is. Same as BradleyFans or whatever. They even have the exact same posting rules if i recall correctly.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » August 8th, 2012, 12:36 pm

SalukiTalk is the best. Its the most active, has the best posters and, as Casey said, is filled with some pretty funny stuff. SIU fans are far and away the most creative of the fanbases in the MVC.

Shockernet is probably second best because of the activity. TropicalShock does a good job with the recruiting stuff there too.

Bradleyfans is good at national news stuff, but everything is overly slanted. Lately, the mods have been pretty over the top in defending everything Jim Les and attacking everything for the new guy (these constant Les defenses/Ford snips seem to make their presence in almost every thread anymore). From the best I can tell, the mods were pretty close to Les and are pretty bitter about his firing. The constant defending of a coach that isn't even there any more has made the board borderline unreadable.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » August 8th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Salukitalk followed by Shockernet, nobody else is even close. A more productive thread would be which fan forum is the worst. That could lead to some interesting discussion.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » August 8th, 2012, 1:57 pm

MoValley John wrote:Salukitalk followed by Shockernet, nobody else is even close. A more productive thread would be which fan forum is the worst. That could lead to some interesting discussion.

Evansville is pretty dead during the season...I imagine right now there are tumbleweeds blowing through their site.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » August 8th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Funny how SalukiTalk is probably the most popular yet there is probably like only 1 or 2 Saluki fans who actually post here...
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » August 8th, 2012, 4:49 pm

MoValley John wrote:Salukitalk followed by Shockernet, nobody else is even close. A more productive thread would be which fan forum is the worst. That could lead to some interesting discussion.

Uh oh. That's asking for trouble. I've got my idea of which is the worst but I'm keeping my mouth shut on that one.

Agree with DJ and Casey that Salukitalk is the best. I don't go there that often but it's always funny and informative.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball