2 WSU recruits coming "later" - not this year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2 WSU recruits coming "later" - not this year

Postby Jays26 » August 20th, 2012, 8:23 am

I have no inside knowledge that this will happen but I still think that if he gets his grades up, Hawkins will end up at Creighton.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » August 20th, 2012, 8:30 am

LJay wrote:Hopefully this thread survives for two years because it will be an interesting read at that time. I find it highly doubtful that both of these guys land at WSU over the next couple years. The African especially sounds doubtful based on what was written above...five prep schools and now juco which he must graduate from in two years to be eligible to play D1?!?!

I think that his attendance at a JUCO only helps WSU's chances. It seems like Jucos are where Marshall has focused his recruiting lately.

I hold out hope that Hawkins can get it together and end up at CU, but find it less and less likely as days go by. I'd rather see him go to a JUCO and get some college coursework under his belt than go to a prep school.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » August 20th, 2012, 8:32 am

Jays26 wrote:I have no inside knowledge that this will happen but I still think that if he gets his grades up, Hawkins will end up at Creighton.

I think Hawkins would love to play with his buddy Yates but I don't think it will happen cause we are out of scholies for 2014. Only way is if he goes 2 year Juco and comes in 2015.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » August 20th, 2012, 3:49 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Jays26 wrote:I have no inside knowledge that this will happen but I still think that if he gets his grades up, Hawkins will end up at Creighton.

I think Hawkins would love to play with his buddy Yates but I don't think it will happen cause we are out of scholies for 2014. Only way is if he goes 2 year Juco and comes in 2015.

You're right. From what he's said, it's obvious that he would go to Creighton if they wanted him. :roll:
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » August 20th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Wufan wrote:Seniors: PG Malcolm Armstead - Oregon transfer, CG Demetric Williams, C Ehime Orukpe, PF Carl Hall
Juniors: WG Nick Wiggins - JC AA, WF Cleanthony Early -JC POY, C Chadrick Lufile -JC transfer
Sophomores: SF Evan Wessel, PF Jake White, CG Tekele Cotten
Freshmen: SG Ron Baker - RS, WF Derail Green, PG Fred VanVleet

All 13 and the two walk-ons are immediately eligible to play though a red-shirt for 6-6 Zac Bush and 6-8 Derail Green is probable.

New Update - 6-9, 245 lb Kadeem Coleby, will sit out and have one year left starting next season.

Averaged 9.5, 4.9, 2.4blks for ULL last season in 30 games.

Just one more three star prospect turning down a Division I offers and paying his own way to be a Shocker!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » August 20th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Prep school is better:

Year of eligibility is not burned.

Allows the player to strengthen academic and study skills.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball