Creighton building new practice facility

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton building new practice facility

Postby Wufan » September 3rd, 2012, 6:26 pm

I haven't seen the UNI PE gym, but I'm sure it's very nice despite being over 40 years old.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » September 3rd, 2012, 8:19 pm

Wufan wrote:I haven't seen the UNI PE gym, but I'm sure it's very nice despite being over 40 years old.

The courts are in the Wellness and Recreation Center - which opened in 1997....Not the P.E.C.

The WRC houses 10 courts in two areas of the building. The south gyms are partitioned into three courts spaces.

Gym 256 is equipped with 2 basketball/ volleyball courts and indoor soccer.
Gym 258 is equipped with 2 basketball/ volleyball courts, badminton and indoor soccer.
Gym 266 is a 4 court space equipped for basketball, volleyball, badminton and indoor soccer.

There is a lot of lines on the courts, which sucks, but still a very nice space.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Turner » September 5th, 2012, 8:03 am

The best part is that the primary donor is the ultimate Jaysker. Howard Hawks is a Nebraska regent and has the baseball field in Lincoln named after him.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » September 5th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Turner wrote:The best part is that the primary donor is the ultimate Jaysker. Howard Hawks is a Nebraska regent and has the baseball field in Lincoln named after him.

The field in Lincoln is named after Myrna, Howard's late wife who died of cancer several years ago. Myrna was an avid baseball fan. She loved watching baseball, regardless if it was little league or MLB. Yes, Howard is the ultimate Jaysker and he is a great ambassador for not the University of Nebraska and Creighton University, but all local schools.

The only reason that I point out that Hawks field is named after Myrna is because she was a fabulous lady, but also that Howard wants people to know it's named for her and not for him.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PorkTornado » September 5th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Are you Howard or Neil Hawks?
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » September 5th, 2012, 7:50 pm

PorkTornado wrote:Are you Howard or Neil Hawks?

:D :D

Actually, no. But I do know the family. I haven't seen Howard in about a year and though I know Neil, I hardly know him. I did know Myrna, going way back to when she was active at her church. She was a great lady, very generous and the field in Lincoln was named for her.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball