YOUR Starting Five

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: YOUR Starting Five

Postby MoBraves » August 22nd, 2012, 12:16 pm

shockalot wrote:Thought it would be interesting to see how folks see their teams starting five shaping up for the coming season.
I have an undereducated guess for each team and would like to see how those who follow their team closer see it at this early juncture.
My guesses, positions 1 - 5:
Bradley
Lemon
Simms-Edwards
Pickett
Prosser
Egolf

I'm hoping we play this big, but it seems that Geno likes to push the ball up & down the floor.
I think the first 3 are correct (from upside I've heard about Pickett). Prosser & Egolf might duke it out for a starting spot, and I personally think that either Shayok Shayok or newby Ka'darryl Bell (guard) will close out the final slot.

I won't put much stock in our starting 5 though, because I think it will change many times throughout the year since we have more depth than we've had in about 5 years (barring injury).
Our bench will be as much a key as anything to a decent season. (decent meaning close to .500!)
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red » August 22nd, 2012, 12:22 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:
Ill.SU
Cousin
Brown
Ekay
Wilkens
Carmichael

Starting PG is kinda up for grabs right now. It could be Kaza Keane. Johnny Hill's name has actually been thrown out there (to my surprise) and don't forget our 6th man Bryant Allen who handled a little point for us as well as with Minnesota. Very quick, but had trouble with handling.

Let's hope Keane takes the job and runs with it.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PorkTornado » August 22nd, 2012, 1:10 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
shockalot wrote:CU
Chapman
Manigat
Gibbs
McDermot
Echineque

Probably right to start the year, but I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Jones or Nevin Johnson get as much time (perhaps even starts) as Manigat because we need a slasher in the lineup. (Last year Coach Mac said we essentially had seven starters - he included Josh Jones and Ethan Wragge as 'starters' because they got as many minutes as the starters.)

I don't think we'll see Nevin in the starting five.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdmanBB » August 22nd, 2012, 3:30 pm

Red wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:
Ill.SU
Cousin
Brown
Ekay
Wilkens
Carmichael

Starting PG is kinda up for grabs right now. It could be Kaza Keane. Johnny Hill's name has actually been thrown out there (to my surprise) and don't forget our 6th man Bryant Allen who handled a little point for us as well as with Minnesota. Very quick, but had trouble with handling.

Let's hope Keane takes the job and runs with it.

Well if you believe Dan Muller, he mentioned after Moore left that he would only replace with a guy this late in the recruiting game that would have an immediate impact. Keane was a 3star that sort of fell in our lap thanks to Dana Ford. So he could very well be the starter, but maybe they thought he would have joined the team in the summer a bit earlier than he did. I know he played for his age group with team Canada, but didnt join the redbird squad until well after that was over right at the start of the year. He will definitely have some catching up to do.

It doesn't souond like he will give us Moore's clutch scoring ability, but it sounds like he has speed quickness and great court vision like Nic did to go along with being a great pick pocket of the basketball on defense. So if we are trading an offensive minded Nic Moore for a Defensive minded Nic Moore, then I am completely fine with that. We will have enough scorers on the court and it will be nice to have a PG at his height dishing the ball out.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » August 29th, 2012, 2:32 pm

How about starting fifteen? The only person I can see starting right now is Armstead, the rest is up for grabs and that is NOT a bad thing. I haven't seen so much talent on a WSU squad since I was vacuum attached to my momma's teet.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » August 29th, 2012, 2:38 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:How about starting fifteen? The only person I can see starting right now is Armstead, the rest is up for grabs and that is NOT a bad thing. I haven't seen so much talent on a WSU squad since I was vacuum attached to my momma's teet.

T

...:cool:

Dang! WSU and Wichita have really got it going on!
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby sixth ace » August 29th, 2012, 4:56 pm

havoc wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:
sixth ace wrote:UE:
PG Taylor
SG Ryan
SF Jahr/Cesnulevicius
PF Sawvell
C Mockevicius

If this starting five pans out, I like our chances.

If Cesnulevicius and Mockevicius are ever on the floor at the same time, I don't like any broadcaster's chance.

Evansville Courier
John MacCauley, whose signature "THREEEEEE POINTS" call went on to echo through Roberts Stadium and later the Ford Center for 27 years, died Friday of a heart attack. He was 65.

MacCauley, known as the "Voice of the Aces," worked as the public-address announcer at University of Evansville men's basketball games and hoped to make the 3-pointer special for fans.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/a ... artner=RSS

:( :cry:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball