MVC basketball schedule release

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Ali » August 23rd, 2012, 9:16 am

It seems like we should he hearing about the conference schedule soon right? Hoping CU and WSU are weekend games when students are in town.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC basketball schedule release

Postby Turner » August 23rd, 2012, 9:32 am

Ali wrote:It seems like we should he hearing about the conference schedule soon right? Hoping CU and WSU are weekend games when students are in town.

Sending Creighton to Wichita to ruin their new years again would be fine with me. :bounce:
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WuShock Reaper » August 23rd, 2012, 10:46 am

Turner wrote:
Ali wrote:It seems like we should he hearing about the conference schedule soon right? Hoping CU and WSU are weekend games when students are in town.

Sending Creighton to Wichita to ruin their new years again would be fine with me. :bounce:

Sending our Wichita State University Shockers back to Omaha, the Century Link Center, nationally televised game, first place in the MVC regular champioship standings, number one seed at Arch Madness at stake, and in in front of over 18,735+ White-Out CU fans would be fine with me.

:wave:

P.S. Did you leave last year's game at Omaha against the WSU Shockers (please choose one):

a. at the half
b. with 10 minutes left in the second half
c. with five minutes in the second half
d. no I stayed for the whole game caused I wanted to see WSU's third string team.
WuShock Reaper
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Turner » August 23rd, 2012, 10:56 am

When did you leave St Louis?

To the mods - I accept blame for this.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MVCfans » August 24th, 2012, 6:01 am

From Todd Golden:

Todd Golden ‏@TribStarTodd
MVC men's hoops schedules should be released early next week. The league is working on the draft form of the skeds right now.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdmanBB » August 24th, 2012, 9:18 am

Does the ESPN/tv schedule usually come out shortly after?
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » August 24th, 2012, 10:50 am

BirdmanBB wrote:Does the ESPN/tv schedule usually come out shortly after?

The Valley needs to get rid of the rule that requires every team be shown in the TV package. I don't want crappy games at the end of the year on TV again.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby agrinut » August 24th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Red wrote:

The Valley needs to get rid of the rule that requires every team be shown in the TV package. I don't want crappy games at the end of the year on TV again.

Agreed, but that would almost completely rule out any games for UE, DU, UNI and ISUb they simply don't have the following or are in the shadows of the BCS counterparts in their market. With that being said I enjoy having a game on the ESPN networks and FSN the same day makes for loads of options. What are the individual TV deals teams have worked out? MSU has every away game (not already picked up) televised locally and across the state, is there similar contracts with the other teams in the league?
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » August 24th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Red wrote:

+1. One of the most stupid rules ever implemented - essentially the conference office's version of a participation trophy.

I wonder if this rule was implemented by some league wide vote....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » August 25th, 2012, 8:10 am

Red wrote:The Valley needs to get rid of the rule that requires every team be shown in the TV package. I don't want crappy games at the end of the year on TV again.

Almost every conference has such a rule. That's why we saw Purdue vs. Penn State in football last year nationwide on ESPN.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball