LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Re: MVC basketball schedule release

Postby Red » August 28th, 2012, 10:13 am

Jays26 wrote:JAYS SCHEDULE :Yea!:

2012-13 Creighton Men’s Basketball Schedule

Wednesday, Jan. 2 at Illinois State Normal, Illinois

If this game is as big as I think I hope it will be, it would have been nice if it were in Normal when the students were in town. Oh well.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » August 28th, 2012, 4:30 pm

THANK GOD, no cupcakes beyond the two foisted on us by participation in the MTE.

North Texas is interesting. They have a major stud player Mitchell who averaged a double double as a frosh. Also CU is recruiting the Dallas area hard so a game 35 miles north is nice! (Guess I'm assuming there is a return game, maybe a 2 fer 1?)
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » August 28th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Another road trip to Omaha this year seeing how it's a Sat game! Sweet!
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoBraves » August 29th, 2012, 12:15 pm

So if we now know who CU plays on which dates in conference, when will we know about the other schools' schedules? Didn't see anything on the mvc.org site yet.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MVCfans » August 29th, 2012, 12:16 pm

MoBraves wrote:So if we now know who CU plays on which dates in conference, when will we know about the other schools' schedules? Didn't see anything on the mvc.org site yet.

I think I saw that an MVC release is expected within 24 hours.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby stl scooter » August 29th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Ali wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:I suppose we just ought to go what some posters really want and rename it the Omaha-Wichita Conference.

Considering that UNI has been one of the most successful clubs over the last five years and is expected to finish toward the top this coming season, I'm not really sure how you could draw this particular conclusion from people suggesting that the best teams should be the ones televised.

Perhaps you don't expect UNI to be that good? Or maybe you just wanted to take an unwarranted shot at Creighton and WSU?

I honestly don't understand UNI fans most of the time. Despite their success, they usually seem and act so small time.

Like said above, if we had more TV games it's not a big deal to allocate some to everyone. Since we've got one game of the week on FSN and scattered ESPN games, we should be showcasing those teams with chances of at large bids.

When the schedule comes out, so do the dates and teams of the tv schedule. It is impossible to predict which teams will have the shot of getting an at large bid.
The preceding lesson in basketball is free of charge.
stl scooter
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » August 29th, 2012, 1:36 pm

stl scooter wrote:
Ali wrote:Like said above, if we had more TV games it's not a big deal to allocate some to everyone. Since we've got one game of the week on FSN and scattered ESPN games, we should be showcasing those teams with chances of at large bids.

When the schedule comes out, so do the dates and teams of the tv schedule. It is impossible to predict which teams will have the shot of getting an at large bid.

"Impossible" seems like a strong word.

I agree that it is impossible to know whether a team will actually get an at large, but I would suggest that most years one could reasonably predict the the best candidates for at large consideration.

Or, if you are a glass-half-empty person, I'd say that most years we could say, with a reasonable degree of certainty, which teams have little to no chance at an at large.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » August 29th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Confirmed that teams have their schedules from the MVC and schools can release tomorrow.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball