Predict your non-conference wins/losses

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Predict your non-conference wins/losses

Postby Tom Servo » September 3rd, 2012, 9:44 am

For the Aces, anything less than 8-4 would be an epic disappointment. I really hope we go 9-3.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 2livewu » September 3rd, 2012, 9:08 pm

sixth ace wrote:
UE 71 wrote:Evansville 8-4

Wins:
Buffalo
Western Illinois
Yale
Tennessee Tech
Alabama A&M
Miami (OH)
Alabama St
Oakland City

Losses:
Notre Dame
Colorado St
Murray St
Butler

Butler and Murray State should be wins for UE 10-2

Should?? When was the last time Evansville was 10-2 in the non conference? Granted, there isn't much challenging in the first 8 (is there a team below 250 rpi?) You can count a Butler win if you want, but they have everyone but Nored back. They'll be really good. Murray State lost a lot but return their best player. If Evansville goes 1-1 in those 2 games, you should be elated....saying you should win 2 is unrealistic.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » September 3rd, 2012, 9:48 pm

shock wrote:It is not too far fetched to predict WSU to win all non con. Its very weak. However, I predict 10-1WSU with a loss at VCU.

What? It's EPICALLY far fetched. VCU is LOADED, experienced and knows they can kick our tail. I'll be happy if we don't get blown out 2 games into the regular season. @ UT? I'll admit the chances of winning that game are better than VCU but come on, the Vols will be prohibitive favorites. It sure isn't the toughest non-conference but there are plenty of other pitfalls for a team trying to build some chemistry early in the year and might be without assumed starter Demetric Williams and big man Ehimen Orupke, whom I am not expecting much from in the first place.

While I will admit there is a lot of upside with this team, expecting big, consistent things, especially early on, flies in the face of reality.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » September 3rd, 2012, 9:50 pm

Nov. 10 Wartburg - W non tourney counter 1-0
Nov. 14 Toledo - W 2-0
Nov. 17 North Dakota - W 3-0
Nov. 22-24 - I think UNI goes 2-1 with a loss to Louisville - 5-1
Dec. 1 Milwaukee - W 6-1
Dec. 5 Northern Colorado - W 7-1
Dec. 8 at George Mason - W? 8-1
Dec. 15 vs. Iowa (Big Four Classic - Des Moines, Iowa) - W 9-1
Dec. 19 at UNLV - L 9-2
Dec. 22 Saint Mary's - W 10-2

That's an optomistic take on it.

I see anywhere from 7-5 to 10-2.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 4th, 2012, 8:09 am

2livewu wrote:
shock wrote:It is not too far fetched to predict WSU to win all non con. Its very weak. However, I predict 10-1WSU with a loss at VCU.

What? It's EPICALLY far fetched. VCU is LOADED, experienced and knows they can kick our tail. I'll be happy if we don't get blown out 2 games into the regular season. @ UT? I'll admit the chances of winning that game are better than VCU but come on, the Vols will be prohibitive favorites. It sure isn't the toughest non-conference but there are plenty of other pitfalls for a team trying to build some chemistry early in the year and might be without assumed starter Demetric Williams and big man Ehimen Orupke, whom I am not expecting much from in the first place.

While I will admit there is a lot of upside with this team, expecting big, consistent things, especially early on, flies in the face of reality.

What's wrong with Williams and Orupke?

Your post above seems in stark contrast with the one from WSU poster Snaggletooth who, citing unnamed "persons close to the program", said last week that this year's WSU team was expected to be better than last year.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » September 4th, 2012, 8:15 am

Red wrote:Try to be objective and pick the non conference results for your school. For Illinois State I predict 9-3. I'd love for us to get a road win at either Drexel or Dayton too but those will be tough.

Wins:
UCSB
Delaware St
Farleigh Dickinson
UAB
Northwestern
Wyoming
W. Michigan
Morgan St
Austin Peay

Losses:
Drexel
Louisville
Dayton

I think the redbirds pull a win out @ Dayton. I don't think they will be as good as everyone might think based upon their history.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby moshock » September 4th, 2012, 8:58 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
2livewu wrote:

What's wrong with Williams and Orupke?

Your post above seems in stark contrast with the one from WSU poster Snaggletooth who, citing unnamed "persons close to the program", said last week that this year's WSU team was expected to be better than last year.

Williams had surgery on his ankle and is expected back by the start of the season. I haven't heard anything on Orupke.
moshock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » September 4th, 2012, 11:31 am

2live doesn't like Orukpe as a player, which is fine based on the fact that he hasn't earned the respect that he gets. Williams is expected to begin practicing on time with the rest of the team.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » September 4th, 2012, 12:05 pm

uniftw wrote:Nov. 10 Wartburg - W non tourney counter 1-0
Nov. 14 Toledo - W 2-0
Nov. 17 North Dakota - W 3-0
Nov. 22-24 - I think UNI goes 2-1 with a loss to Louisville - 5-1
Dec. 1 Milwaukee - W 6-1
Dec. 5 Northern Colorado - W 7-1
Dec. 8 at George Mason - W? 8-1
Dec. 15 vs. Iowa (Big Four Classic - Des Moines, Iowa) - W 9-1
Dec. 19 at UNLV - L 9-2
Dec. 22 Saint Mary's - W 10-2

That's an optomistic take on it.

I see anywhere from 7-5 to 10-2.

I think we'll lose 4 games out of conference. We need to win 2-3 nice OOC wins.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » September 4th, 2012, 12:44 pm

For the Bears

Philander Smith--W
San Diego St--L
Jacksonville--W
Alcorn St--W
So. Carolina--L
SMU/UALR--W
ORU--L
at Tulsa--L
at OK St--L
Valpo--W
at Alabama A&M--W
at New Mexico St--L

6-6; we may win one I don't think we will (ORU) and we may lose one that I don't think we should (a SWAC team)
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball