Lindy's basketball preview has Creighton #8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Lindy's basketball preview has Creighton #8

Postby glm38 » September 11th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
glm38 wrote:I think Creighton will prove themselves to be a top 10 team this coming year. I see them alone at the top of the mvc and I don't think it will even be close (barring injury).

Someone save this quote, please.

By all means save away. If I'm wrong I'll gladly admit I was wrong. I love b-ball. But its not life or death.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby wildjays » September 13th, 2012, 7:07 am

In case you were interested, here is what we compiled after checking out the magazine and some MVC information. Yes it has a lot of Creighton stuff, but at least you can see some MVC info there too.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=19481
-----
White and Blue Review
http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 13th, 2012, 12:57 pm

stl scooter wrote:Looks like St. Louis w/ Jim Crews is #9! Congrats Creighton and congrats Coach Crews!

I just can't get over the love for the SLUH Junior Billikens. That is outrageous. The stupidest pick in the history of Lindy's. I'm going to go on record now, Missouri State will win more games than SLUH. I stake my entire posting reputation on it.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » September 13th, 2012, 3:54 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
stl scooter wrote:Looks like St. Louis w/ Jim Crews is #9! Congrats Creighton and congrats Coach Crews!

I just can't get over the love for the SLUH Junior Billikens. That is outrageous. The stupidest pick in the history of Lindy's. I'm going to go on record now, Missouri State will win more games than SLUH. I stake my entire posting reputation on it.

Casey I agree with you that SLU is overrated. No way they'll be top 10 for long. Top 25? Maybe so. But they will be a way better team than our Bears. I'm looking forward to our season with all the young talented players but........we are going to have some rough times this coming year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 13th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Just so I know how to read this, Casey, could you please define, and/or, quantify your posting reputation?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » September 13th, 2012, 4:49 pm

MoValley John wrote:

Just so I know how to read this, Casey, could you please define, and/or, quantify your posting reputation?

He's trying to gain a reputation of credibility by pulling a prediction like this out of his arse. It's like double or nothing.
Last edited by Wufan on September 13th, 2012, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 13th, 2012, 5:09 pm

Wufan wrote:
MoValley John wrote:

He's trying to gain a reputation of credibility by pulling prediction this out of his arse. It's like double or nothing.

I get it. It's like being down to your last nickel in Vegas. You put it in a nickel slot at the airport hoping for a $5.00 jackpot.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Pinkie » September 13th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Good pub for CU but they sure aren't high on the rest of the valley are they?
Pinkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 14th, 2012, 7:50 am

In all fairness, I suspect the ranking was decided before Majerus went on the DL for the year. They do return a lot and will be one of the favorites to win the A10, with or without Big Rick, especially with the recent player losses at X and Butler.

I would like to take you up on your bet, Casey. If I win, you have to buy me a brand new bicycle (I hear that you really like bikes).
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 14th, 2012, 11:39 am

I will preface this by saying that I apologize for sidetracking this from the intended CU focus. There will be plenty of threads showing all sorts of love to McD, Dougy Junior, and CU.

MSU will win more games than SLUH for the following reasons:

1. Lusk is a much better coach than Crews. Crews failed at UE. He failed at West Point. Army has sucked since Knight left there like 45 years ago and they could not care less about basketball. They fired Crews in short order. Majerus may be the butt end of jokes about ordering Whoppers, the towel story, and so forth but the man can coach. SLU is 3-4 games worse for his loss especially when you factor in his replacement.

2. The A10 is tougher now with the new teams. For the first time ever it might be better than the Valley.

3. SLU loses Conklin. Who will replace the points, rebounds, and tears at press conference after their last game? Sure we lose Weems but he is more easily replaceable considering our personnel.

I really see SLU in the 17-19 win territory after the A10 tournament. They are NIT, CBI, or CIT type team. Missouri State very well might be the same, I have them projected NIT right now with room for improvement or degradation. The fact is SLU will crash out in the first round of postseason because they don't care, Missouri State will play harder for Lusk. I wouldn't bet the farm on it but I feel pretty comfortable that come late March I will be right.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball