Lindy's basketball preview has Creighton #8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Lindy's basketball preview has Creighton #8

Postby Pinkie » September 14th, 2012, 11:55 am

I know nothing about SLU but if they're even in the discussion about being ranked they are better on paper than MSU. I think the Bears fall this year unless some young kids really step up. I will say though that I give Casey credit for giving his opinion in a pretty well formed argument that others could learn from.
Pinkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 14th, 2012, 12:49 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote: The fact is SLU will crash out in the first round of postseason because they don't care, Missouri State will play harder for Lusk.

I think this is the weakest part of your argument. By outward appearances it would seem as though last year, the MSU players were the ones who didn't care and gave up. Further, it didn't seem like Lusk could do anything to get that turned around. With the talent of MSU's team last year, I think even the most objective observer would have to say they underachieved.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 14th, 2012, 4:24 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote: The fact is SLU will crash out in the first round of postseason because they don't care, Missouri State will play harder for Lusk.

I think this is the weakest part of your argument. By outward appearances it would seem as though last year, the MSU players were the ones who didn't care and gave up. Further, it didn't seem like Lusk could do anything to get that turned around. With the talent of MSU's team last year, I think even the most objective observer would have to say they underachieved.

Yes I lack strong empirical data to back up that point but this is what my gut tells me. I would agree that we underachieved last year because I expected a league title. With a first year coach you never know. Lusk will have molded the 12-13 team in his image more than the previous year which was kind of a ragtag Cuonzo group.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » September 14th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Without looking at MSUs schedule I am predicting a .500 season.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » September 14th, 2012, 10:51 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I will preface this by saying that I apologize for sidetracking this from the intended CU focus. There will be plenty of threads showing all sorts of love to McD, Dougy Junior, and CU.

MSU will win more games than SLUH for the following reasons:

1. Lusk is a much better coach than Crews. NOT TRUE Crews failed at UE.NOT TRUE He failed at West Point.YOU ONLY GET WHAT THE GOVERMENT GIVES Army has sucked since Knight left there like 45 years ago and they could not care less about basketball. They fired Crews in short order.

I''ll stand and defend Jim Crews at this point. Jim Crews did not fail at UE. He failed beacause the president of UE cut the budget and gutted the football program in one full sweep. Jim Crews took the Aces to the second round in the NCAA while coaching in the MVC. Jim Crews' athletic budget was 2/3 less when he was hired than when he left for Army. Jim Crews was a President Graves hire and an another president mistake. SLU will be fine with Jim Crew coaching them
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball