Official 2012-13 MVCfans.com prediction - 6th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 6th place during the 2012-13 MVC mens basketball season?

Poll ended at September 18th, 2012, 5:58 am

Creighton
No votes
Drake
50%
Evansville
38%
Illinois State
2%
Northern Iowa
5%
Wichita State
6%

Total votes : 66

Postby MVCfans » September 10th, 2012, 5:58 am

Each week we will open a poll for users to predict the end of season finish for the MVC 2012-13 basketball season. We will work in reverse order, concluding with the predicted MVC champion chosen by our users between the last two teams remaining in week 9.

Indiana State was selected as the 7th place finisher - link to results

Week 5 - Who will finish in 6th place during the 2012-13 MVC mens basketball season?
-You are choosing the team that you believe will finish in 6th place for this regular season. Poll open until Monday, September 17.

Official MVCfans.com - Predictions:
10th Place - Southern Illinois
9th Place - Bradley
8th Place - Missouri State
7th Place - Indiana State
6th Place - ....
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Official 2012-13 MVCfans.com prediction - 6th Place

Postby Red » September 10th, 2012, 9:39 am

Looks like a 2 horse race.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » September 10th, 2012, 10:25 am

Definitely between Drake and E'ville at this point. I went with UE, because of the lack of size, and the loss of Denver Holmes.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 10th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Champ and I agree for once; I also went with UE here. Drake seemingly has more returning, plus Van Deest getting healthy. Of course, UE has better coaching.

Frankly, I am a bit surprised it is this close.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » September 10th, 2012, 1:46 pm

I'm glad that there are so many people who are ignorant about the Aces this year. It will make it so much sweeter.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » September 10th, 2012, 2:30 pm

ACECARD wrote:I'm glad that there are so many people who are ignorant about the Aces this year. It will make it so much sweeter.

:+1: but they're baiting they're trying to run a trout line to see what they can get
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » September 10th, 2012, 2:36 pm

Nobody is baiting. I gave an honest opinion. You really think Evansville's bigs are going to get the job done? How do they compare to guys like McDermott, Carmichael, Echineque, Tuttle, Hall, VanDeest, ect? I just don't see it.

And I don't understand why so many UE fans on here continue to devalue the loss of Denver Holmes. He was a huge part of that team his whole career, and I think the pairing of him with Colt was mutually beneficial for the both of them, and his absence will be noticeable this year.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » September 10th, 2012, 3:47 pm

valleychamp wrote:Nobody is baiting. I gave an honest opinion. You really think Evansville's bigs are going to get the job done? How do they compare to guys like McDermott, Carmichael, Echineque, Tuttle, Hall, VanDeest, ect? I just don't see it.

And I don't understand why so many UE fans on here continue to devalue the loss of Denver Holmes. He was a huge part of that team his whole career, and I think the pairing of him with Colt was mutually beneficial for the both of them, and his absence will be noticeable this year.

Yes we loss Denver Holmes, That one man on a five man team. The Ace also Loss Harris to graduation. They were important pieces to that team. The coaching staff long realized they would complete their college academics and move on. They also have prepared and done their job well. The Aces will be ready for MVC play.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 10th, 2012, 4:35 pm

sixth ace wrote:
ACECARD wrote:I'm glad that there are so many people who are ignorant about the Aces this year. It will make it so much sweeter.

:+1: but they're baiting they're trying to run a trout line to see what they can get

This, in a nutshell, is one of the main problems with this site. Every time somebody says something not completely complementary about a school, even if it is completely factual or simply the poster's own opinion or prediction, the fans of that school about whom the comment is made immediately accuse the poster of "baiting" or "trolling." UNI fans seemingly do it more than all of the other fanbases put together, with Valleychamp being perhaps the biggest offender, so it is a bit ironic to see such claims leveled against him. Nevertheless, doing/saying such things is not "baiting" or "trolling."

The whole point of this particular thread is to conduct an OPINION poll of the site's posters. Having an opinion and explaining why you have that opinion is not baiting or trolling; it is taking part in the thread! I would caution anyone to not put too much stock into what any single MVCfans poster thinks about ratings. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter since the poster does not have a vote in any of the official MVC polls or the AP/coaches poll, nor should it have any impact on your favorite team's performance.

Likewise, talking about/linking a newspaper story, even if it talks about a schools finances or lack thereof, is not trolling or baiting; it is talking about current events and/or news.

This whole 'victimization' thing has gone way too far. Just because someone states a fact, or even an opinion, that one doesn't like or particularly agree with, it does not make that fact/comment a baiting or trolling comment. There seems to be a great deal of ongoing confusion on this issue here for a reason that is not crystal clear to me, although I suspect the claim is thrown out there to try to end all discussion about a topic that a particular poster may not like. I'm not sure why such a strategy is allowed to be used on a DISCUSSION BOARD, but alas, that is what this place has become.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » September 10th, 2012, 5:43 pm

sixth ace wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Nobody is baiting. I gave an honest opinion. You really think Evansville's bigs are going to get the job done? How do they compare to guys like McDermott, Carmichael, Echineque, Tuttle, Hall, VanDeest, ect? I just don't see it.

Yes we loss Denver Holmes, That one man on a five man team. The Ace also Loss Harris to graduation. They were important pieces to that team. The coaching staff long realized they would complete their college academics and move on. They also have prepared and done their job well. The Aces will be ready for MVC play.

Hopefully they'll be ready for non-conference play as well....
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball