Preseason ranking of the top 10 forwards in the Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Preseason ranking of the top 10 forwards in the Valley

Postby Wufan » September 11th, 2012, 5:59 pm

uniftw wrote:
Wufan wrote:I'm surprised to see Tuttle ahead of Simons. Ekey, Tuttle, Hall, and Daniels all had very similar stats last year, but DD and CH should see a big increase is stats with the graduation of Seck and Stutz. Clarke is a little different player than the four mentioned above, but with 7 boards a game he certainly deserves a spot in this group.

I've done a breakdown of Tuttle/Hall. Tuttle had better numbers in every category except 1 or 2 and did so with less shots offensively and fouls defensively. I'll see if I can find it again. Tuttle was much more efficient in his minutes than Hall was.

I don't have any issue with anyone picking Tuttle above Hall. Tuttle did have better numbers across the board, although they are very similar numbers. I believe Hall is the best post defender in the league, but that is purely subjective. As to the topic at hand, Hall, Tuttle, Seck, Koch and Daniels had very similar numbers in ppg and rpg. Just saying.

I do not believe that Tuttle will be first team All-MVC this year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » September 11th, 2012, 6:56 pm

For the Bears its too bad Kirk will be forced to play the 5 most of this coming year. He's going to be really good. but that will hurt his game as he's a natural 4.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball