UNI suspends Anthony James

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » September 18th, 2012, 8:01 am

Being reported that Anthony James of UNI has been suspended for the first three games of the season.

link: http://www.mvcfans.com
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI suspends Anthony James

Postby LMS » September 18th, 2012, 9:06 am

MVCfans wrote:Being reported that Anthony James of UNI has been suspended for the first three games of the season.

link: http://www.mvcfans.com

Great senior leadership.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 18th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Convenient that he will only miss Wartburg, Toledo, and North Dakota and be back just in time for the tournament in the Bahamas.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 18th, 2012, 12:13 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Convenient that he will only miss Wartburg, Toledo, and North Dakota and be back just in time for the tournament in the Bahamas.

That was my thought too -- that'll show him!

I wonder what he did to get in trouble in the first place. Failed drug test perhaps?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » September 18th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Without any indication of what the violation is, and the fact that he misses the first 3 regular season games, you are already calling for some sort of conspiracy at UNI to get AJ on the court against Louisville? Where would you suggest suspending someone for a violation of team rules (considering you have absolutely no clue as too the exact violation). Middle of the season? Why would that make any sort sense at all? Those 3 games happen to be the very first 3 of the season, why does that seem so suspicious? 3 games seems to always be a fairly common suspension length for any minor violations, which at this point seems to be the indications I have heard.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 18th, 2012, 12:56 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Without any indication of what the violation is, and the fact that he misses the first 3 regular season games, you are already calling for some sort of conspiracy at UNI to get AJ on the court against Louisville? Where would you suggest suspending someone for a violation of team rules (considering you have absolutely no clue as too the exact violation). Middle of the season? Why would that make any sort sense at all? Those 3 games happen to be the very first 3 of the season, why does that seem so suspicious? 3 games seems to always be a fairly common suspension length for any minor violations, which at this point seems to be the indications I have heard.

And, to use your own words, "without any indication of what the violation is", you are already deeming the punishment appropriate? Seems like you are guilty of exactly the same sort of speculation, no?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unifight789 » September 18th, 2012, 1:11 pm

It is pretty standard for suspensions at UNI to be three games as long as it is their first offense and it wasnt super serious. O'Rear and Egleseders suspensions were also 3 games I think.
unifight789
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Khan4Cats » September 18th, 2012, 1:17 pm

unifight789 wrote:It is pretty standard for suspensions at UNI to be three games as long as it is their first offense and it wasnt super serious. O'Rear and Egleseders suspensions were also 3 games I think.

The suspension under UNI Athletic Department guidelines is for 10% of the regular season for a first offense. 10% of the regular basketball season is 3 games out of 30. No one is trying to set a time to get him back by X date or trying to cover up something. If it was a very serious offense, he would have been dismissed outright.
I'm glad we don't count the exhibition games as part of the suspension.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Hail Our Panthers » September 18th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Level 1 misconduct (first offense) is 10% of the season, per the student athlete handbook. Its why our basketball guys like the aforementioned have always had the standard 3 games. The beat writer said that he wasn't arrested for anything, so I'd assume it wasn't much more serious than that (but I have no idea). If it was a level 2 misconduct, he wouldn't necessary be suspended at all.
Hail Our Panthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 18th, 2012, 4:29 pm

I can buy some of that. When I first read the number of games my thought was "I bet that is exactly the number of games until Louisville." If that is truly the case then props to Ben for instilling some discipline.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball