UNI suspends Anthony James

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI suspends Anthony James

Postby PantherSigEp » September 18th, 2012, 4:41 pm

I'd say those first three games are a hefty price. AJ will lose out on re-establishing game chemistry, with the team after a long off-season of only drills and scrimmages, before that Louisville game. This will certainly make things a lot more difficult for us in the Bahamas overall
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherSigEp » September 18th, 2012, 4:50 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:Without any indication of what the violation is, and the fact that he misses the first 3 regular season games, you are already calling for some sort of conspiracy at UNI to get AJ on the court against Louisville? Where would you suggest suspending someone for a violation of team rules (considering you have absolutely no clue as too the exact violation). Middle of the season? Why would that make any sort sense at all? Those 3 games happen to be the very first 3 of the season, why does that seem so suspicious? 3 games seems to always be a fairly common suspension length for any minor violations, which at this point seems to be the indications I have heard.

And, to use your own words, "without any indication of what the violation is", you are already deeming the punishment appropriate? Seems like you are guilty of exactly the same sort of speculation, no?

I'm deeming it appropriate because administrators and Coach Jacobson deemed it appropriate based on a heck of a lot more information than you or I will likely ever have on the situation. If he had been discovered to running a large cocaine operation or had been charged with a serious crime then I might have my doubts about only 3 games. However, all I know is that it was a "team violation" and AJ has not been arrested or charged with any crimes as far as my knowledge goes (that would then be public information and records would be available for everyone to see exactly what happened) so I have little suspicions of the offense being anything as serious as you seemed to allude to.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » September 18th, 2012, 5:31 pm

It is none of my business why he was suspended and we ought to let the coach and team deal with it.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 19th, 2012, 10:16 am

unifight789 wrote:It is pretty standard for suspensions at UNI to be three games as long as it is their first offense and it wasnt super serious. O'Rear and Egleseders suspensions were also 3 games I think.

I had forgotten how many players UNI has suspended recently.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ihsi » September 19th, 2012, 10:27 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
unifight789 wrote:It is pretty standard for suspensions at UNI to be three games as long as it is their first offense and it wasnt super serious. O'Rear and Egleseders suspensions were also 3 games I think.

I had forgotten how many players UNI has suspended recently.

Stop. We had P'. Glass houses my man.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ali » September 20th, 2012, 8:11 am

We'd rather not had this occurred but it's not that big of a deal.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » September 20th, 2012, 11:17 am

Does this suspension have anything to do with the police investigation back in May?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » September 20th, 2012, 11:25 am

Wufan wrote:Does this suspension have anything to do with the police investigation back in May?

I don't know anything about that. I believe it was a violation of team rules.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » September 20th, 2012, 1:31 pm

I personally hate the "violation of team rules" stuff... I know if he wasn't charged with anything it's technically none of our business, but I've always felt it seemed shady. He's on scholarship... At least release what team rule he violated. Ferentz uses it all the time with Iowa football players and I think it's lame.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby PantherSigEp » September 20th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Wufan wrote:Does this suspension have anything to do with the police investigation back in May?

There has been speculation but why wait so long to finally say something? Considering nothing came of that investigation and Tim Clark, a football player who was also included, has not been mentioned in any sort of disciplinary actions tells me that they are separate. Perhaps he made some unwise decisions in Iowa City this weekend and Jacobson caught wind of it, prompting the suspension. We may never know however.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball