Best and worse thing about each Valley school:

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Best and worse thing about each Valley school:

Postby agrinut » September 25th, 2012, 11:56 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:Someone will probably beat me around the head and shoulders for this post, but here goes.

It seems like that I have read a newspaper article, which stated that despite WSU's location, it is highly rated among all universities for campus safety.

Yes, you can call me crazy.

Ok, ok, I looked it up.

According to one website, WSU's rating is 80.4 out of a 100.0. As I understand the rating system, it places WSU in the top 20% of the safest campuses.

Highly rated might be a stretch. Well rated might be a better descriptor.

Go here for more information: http://www.stateuniversity.com/rank/saf ... _rank.html

Neat find. Fwiw, UNI was 135th in the nation with a 93.45 rating. Didn't take the time to see where everyone else fell, sorry.

Was that taken before or after your starting 2 guard stole a bike from a girl? Just wondering from a safety stand point.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 25th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Easy there Agrarian Nut. Glass houses.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 25th, 2012, 12:23 pm

agrinut wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:Someone will probably beat me around the head and shoulders for this post, but here goes.

It seems like that I have read a newspaper article, which stated that despite WSU's location, it is highly rated among all universities for campus safety.

Ok, ok, I looked it up.

According to one website, WSU's rating is 80.4 out of a 100.0. As I understand the rating system, it places WSU in the top 20% of the safest campuses.

Go here for more information: http://www.stateuniversity.com/rank/saf ... _rank.html

Neat find. Fwiw, UNI was 135th in the nation with a 93.45 rating. Didn't take the time to see where everyone else fell, sorry.

Was that taken before or after your starting 2 guard stole a bike from a girl? Just wondering from a safety stand point.

Is that what he got suspended for?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » September 25th, 2012, 1:54 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Easy there Agrarian Nut. Glass houses.

Just a question ;)
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » September 25th, 2012, 2:59 pm

agrinut wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:

Ok, ok, I looked it up.

When and where was this? That'd be news to all of us
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » September 25th, 2012, 3:02 pm

I did find it interesting that the pie-chart statistics showed that the "Violent Crimes" on campus were 50% forcible rape, 50% aggravated assault...I can't find an instance of either on UNI's campus recently though, I'd think rape would've made some headlines here in the state.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shock » September 25th, 2012, 10:46 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:I did find it interesting that the pie-chart statistics showed that the "Violent Crimes" on campus were 50% forcible rape, 50% aggravated assault...I can't find an instance of either on UNI's campus recently though, I'd think rape would've made some headlines here in the state.

The forcible rape is when WSU comes to town, the aggravated assault is when GE gets angry and refuses to take a charge and shoves the guy down. :D

Both make headlines.
Our last five are still collectively better than your starting lineup.
shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PantherSigEp » September 26th, 2012, 10:46 am

shock wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:I did find it interesting that the pie-chart statistics showed that the "Violent Crimes" on campus were 50% forcible rape, 50% aggravated assault...I can't find an instance of either on UNI's campus recently though, I'd think rape would've made some headlines here in the state.

The forcible rape is when WSU comes to town,

In the past 11 seasons (since 2001-02) UNI is 7-4 at home against WSU and 5-6 on the road against the Shox. Plus 2-0 in the MVC Tourney (I thought we had played more often than that though). Last year is the only time in that span where the Shox won both regular season games. But yes, I can usually take a joke ;)
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » September 26th, 2012, 10:58 am

The forcible rape is when WSU comes to town

I have a hell of a sense of humor but that just isn't right.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shock » September 26th, 2012, 11:31 am

Jays26 wrote:
The forcible rape is when WSU comes to town

I have a hell of a sense of humor but that just isn't right.

Take comfort in the fact that it was a legit rape, and there will be no adverse side effects.
Our last five are still collectively better than your starting lineup.
shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball