Early outlook

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Early outlook

Postby Wufan » September 23rd, 2012, 6:32 pm

glm38 wrote:Regarding Early - I think I saw several posts on shockernet that he may even be talented enough that he will be a pro prospect? True?

There was a website that named him as a potential NBA draft pick at SG. I don't recall the site.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CBB_Fan » September 23rd, 2012, 8:09 pm

Wufan wrote:
glm38 wrote:Regarding Early - I think I saw several posts on shockernet that he may even be talented enough that he will be a pro prospect? True?

There was a website that named him as a potential NBA draft pick at SG. I don't recall the site.

http://www.championships-sullivan.com/component/content/article/120-cleanthony-early.html

I wouldn't read too much into it though. If he is drafted or picked up as an undrafted free agent it will probably be because of his size and athleticism, not because he was dominant at Wichita State. I think he will probably be the 3rd or 4th highest scoring player on the team, and he seems to be a player that will make a lot of mistakes his first year. Should be exciting to watch, especially if Wichita State ever runs a big lineup.
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » October 24th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Article on Early from the Wichita Eagle...

http://www.kansas.com/2012/10/24/254430 ... -with.html
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » October 25th, 2012, 8:07 am

Anxious to see Early and the rest tonight. Redshirting/practice player/juco does not qualify as "experience" as does actual D1 playing time. Fortunately, Gregg has some returning guards and Hall back. He has his work cut out for him. Thus my prediction if WSU takes 2nd, he is COY. All the newcomers (9?) are learning his system right now. He's hoping they will click by Valley time. Problem is, in league play, you better be ready to see anything and everything. I see 6-7 quality teams in the Valley that could make some noise depending how they progress.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball