Evansville to the Horizon

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville to the Horizon

Postby PantherSigEp » October 2nd, 2012, 11:14 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
valleychamp wrote:MVJ implied that the hockey team was drawing more interest among locals, and sixth ace provided a stat to disprove that.

Pretty simple DJA, try to keep up.

I was talking about his last sentence, but thanks.

I'm having trouble with that as well. I can't tell if its referencing the Aces or the hockey team.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Tom Servo » October 2nd, 2012, 1:36 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
valleychamp wrote:MVJ implied that the hockey team was drawing more interest among locals, and sixth ace provided a stat to disprove that.

Pretty simple DJA, try to keep up.

I was talking about his last sentence, but thanks.

I'm having trouble with that as well. I can't tell if its referencing the Aces or the hockey team.

He's talking about the Aces. I think what he is saying is that the Aces are still drawing fairly well despite the many losing seasons in the past 10 years. In other words there is a lot of growth potential if the team starts winning more games. Sixth, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jays26 » October 2nd, 2012, 1:48 pm

No one cares....close this stupid thread with its stupid responses and delete. :Bam:

I know..shame on me for continuing to come back here.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » October 2nd, 2012, 7:36 pm

sixth ace wrote:that is what this thread became. It was time for it to end as 8 pages ago the AD at UE said it wasn't true.

actually he said "We enjoy the Missouri Valley Conference, but we need to be cognizant of the world surround us as it comes to athletic conferences".

sounds to me their commitment is pretty squishy.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dean Wormer » October 3rd, 2012, 9:08 am

aceacebaby wrote:I appreciate those willing to engage in civilized dialogue. I don't think we're going anywhere but I do understand those fans who would rather be the big fish in the smaller Horizon pond. I think we have a chance to surprise this year and I really hope we can improve our fan support in St Louis. This - wp/2012/02/14/arch-madness-seating-chart-with-graphic/ - is embarrassing.

You're embarrased? How do you explain SIU being the closest school with the largest enrollment and getting 2 sections as well? Sycamore fans aren't any more proud.

In fact, excluding Drake, the 5 "close" schools to St. Louis are the weakest draws. Doesn't bring a lot of water for keeping it in St. Louis. Of course, winning changes everything, a few years back, SIU was half the arena and in the late 90's - early 2000's, there were more Mike Martz fans in St. Louis than Shocker fans.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » October 3rd, 2012, 9:39 am

Dean Wormer wrote:
aceacebaby wrote:I appreciate those willing to engage in civilized dialogue. I don't think we're going anywhere but I do understand those fans who would rather be the big fish in the smaller Horizon pond. I think we have a chance to surprise this year and I really hope we can improve our fan support in St Louis. This - wp/2012/02/14/arch-madness-seating-chart-with-graphic/ - is embarrassing.

You're embarrased? How do you explain SIU being the closest school with the largest enrollment and getting 2 sections as well? Sycamore fans aren't any more proud.

In fact, excluding Drake, the 5 "close" schools to St. Louis are the weakest draws. Doesn't bring a lot of water for keeping it in St. Louis. Of course, winning changes everything, a few years back, SIU was half the arena and in the late 90's - early 2000's, there were more Mike Martz fans in St. Louis than Shocker fans.

I'd venture to say UNI's attendance would go up if it was in KC...strong alumni base down there.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » October 3rd, 2012, 10:07 am

uniftw wrote:
Dean Wormer wrote:

I'd venture to say UNI's attendance would go up if it was in KC...strong alumni base down there.

Heck, if it were in KC the Jays might just sell out the place on their own. :buddies:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 3rd, 2012, 10:58 am

uniftw wrote:
Dean Wormer wrote:

UNI can't even sell tickets at home in Cedar Falls. Evansville draws better!

Eastern schools have such a huge advantage in this conference. Less travel, ability to follow your team on the road, conference tourney in your backyard... There is no excuse for their respective level of futility.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball