Evansville to the Horizon

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville to the Horizon

Postby UE 71 » September 29th, 2012, 9:37 pm

I'm confused? Am I hearing that many of you want to add losses to your schedules? Let's say the Valley adds North Carolina or Duke, thenI guess everyone else is playing for second place year after year. Who does that benefit?

:Beer:
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LMS » September 29th, 2012, 9:49 pm

UE 71 wrote:I'm confused? Am I hearing that many of you want to add losses to your schedules? Let's say the Valley adds North Carolina or Duke, thenI guess everyone else is playing for second place year after year. Who does that benefit?

:Beer:

A rising tide lifts all boats.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » September 29th, 2012, 9:57 pm

Let's be clear, I've seen people saying "who would you like when you kick E'ville out"

No one "wants" to kick Evansville out.

HOWEVER, Evansville is the newest program to the conference, hasn't really competed in basketball (or any sport really, unless I'm wrong?) and doesn't bring much - other than likely the "coolest" mascot.

You can give any reason you want as for why Evansville went from good to bad when the joined the MVC, the fact seems to be that Evansville "can't" compete on a regular basis in the valley. UNI has made HUGE strides to up their profile since joining the conference (regardless what posters here want to spew on some threads). Missouri State has shown a commitment, and had some very good teams in all sports. Other than those 3 every other MVC school has been in the conference since at least 1980. It wasn't until about 2 years ago people actually thought Evansville was committed to the MVC and being competitive (to be honest most still don't believe that). The fact the university went TWO FREAKING YEARS WITHOUT AN AD points directly at that thought.

Also, to the point the eastern schools don't know how easy they have it when it comes to travel is correct. UNI is still pretty set when it comes to travel. However, worrying that ISU, SIU, etc.. will lose a bus trip means nothing when Creighton has 1 bus trip a year (maybe 2, but i doubt they bus to UNI), and WSU has 1 though they don't bus.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LMS » September 29th, 2012, 10:03 pm

uniftw wrote:Also, to the point the eastern schools don't know how easy they have it when it comes to travel is correct. UNI is still pretty set when it comes to travel. However, worrying that ISU, SIU, etc.. will lose a bus trip means nothing when Creighton has 1 bus trip a year (maybe 2, but i doubt they bus to UNI), and WSU has 1 though they don't bus.
:+1: and don't get CU or WSU fans started on why we're the furthest from Arch Madness but dominate the arena.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Haha » September 30th, 2012, 5:50 am

uniftw wrote: WSU has 1 though they don't bus.

uh, WSU mens basketball only buses 1 conference game a year (last year springfield) they charter the rest
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » September 30th, 2012, 6:55 am

Haha wrote:
uniftw wrote: WSU has 1 though they don't bus.

uh, WSU mens basketball only buses 1 conference game a year (last year springfield) they charter the rest

I think that's what he was saying. Only one game that can easily be reached by bus, bit he questioned (as do I) if they actually take the bus or fly anyway.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » September 30th, 2012, 8:22 am

LMS wrote:
uniftw wrote:Also, to the point the eastern schools don't know how easy they have it when it comes to travel is correct. UNI is still pretty set when it comes to travel. However, worrying that ISU, SIU, etc.. will lose a bus trip means nothing when Creighton has 1 bus trip a year (maybe 2, but i doubt they bus to UNI), and WSU has 1 though they don't bus.
:+1: and don't get CU or WSU fans started on why we're the furthest from Arch Madness but dominate the arena.

So you are saying WSU has dominated arch madness?? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think wsu has won arch madness twice and the last time was in 1987?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » September 30th, 2012, 8:28 am

glm38 wrote:
LMS wrote:

So you are saying WSU has dominated arch madness?? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think wsu has won arch madness twice and the last time was in 1987?

Have you not been around for the arguments on this subject???? I guess you are clueless so that is in reference to the fact that CU and WSU dominate the arena....WITH FANS. Even the quotes in that post talking about travel should have given away the fact that they weren't talking about teams winning or losing. Just about attendance.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » September 30th, 2012, 8:33 am

glm38 wrote:
LMS wrote:

By dominate the arena, he meant bring in the most fans. His statement is really pretty easy to comprehend. It is also factual, Creighton and Wichita State fans must travel furthest, yet those schools sell the most tickets, buy the most beer, eat the most popcorn and dominate the arena.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » September 30th, 2012, 8:48 am

Have you not been around for the arguments on this subject???? I guess you are clueless so that is in reference to the fact that CU and WSU dominate the arena....WITH FANS. Even the quotes in that post talking about travel should have given away the fact that they weren't talking about teams winning or losing. Just about attendance.

My mistake. Yes its clear now. And no I don't look at every topic on this board and sometimes skim through threads.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball