UE Wins MVC All Academic Award

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Ace Dad » September 27th, 2012, 11:30 pm

I think the teams that fell in the 8th or 9th or 10th place should look for another conference ;)

http://www.courierpressblogs.com/sports/ue/?p=183
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UE Wins MVC All Academic Award

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 28th, 2012, 8:17 am

From the article -

Evansville snapped Creighton’s streak of winning five consecutive All-Academic Awards.

You bastards! :D

Seriously though, congratulations. It is a very nice honor.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces44 » September 28th, 2012, 11:30 am

que the "any school focused on academics should get kicked out of the conference" posts.
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » September 28th, 2012, 12:12 pm

Aces44 wrote:que the "any school focused on academics should get kicked out of the conference" posts.

2 things:

1) Creighton won the award the previous 5 years in a row, so the two things are not mutually exclusive of one another. (nobody is saying Creighton should be kicked out either for that matter).

2) I don't think anyone ever said UE should be kicked out. The discussion in the other thread was based on the premise that UE had left on its own!!! Maybe enough emphasis wasn't placed on reading comprehension in determining this year's award winner.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces44 » September 28th, 2012, 3:01 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Aces44 wrote:que the "any school focused on academics should get kicked out of the conference" posts.

2 things:

1) Creighton won the award the previous 5 years in a row, so the two things are not mutually exclusive of one another. (nobody is saying Creighton should be kicked out either for that matter).

2) I don't think anyone ever said UE should be kicked out. The discussion in the other thread was based on the premise that UE had left on its own!!! Maybe enough emphasis wasn't placed on reading comprehension in determining this year's award winner.

Thank you so much for informing me that having a great academic environment and excellent athletic programs are not regulated out per the NCAA. Get over yourself.

I think you need to re-read the entire thread and see if you want to retract statement #2.

Congrats to the Aces and Creighton competing both on and off the court at a very high level!
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Snaggletooth » September 28th, 2012, 10:12 pm

Does this mean that EU is reconsidering it move to the Horizon and now inquiring with the ivy league?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » September 29th, 2012, 9:59 pm

Ace Dad wrote:I think the teams that fell in the 8th or 9th or 10th place should look for another conference ;)

http://www.courierpressblogs.com/sports/ue/?p=183

Are the schools at the bottom at or near the bottom almost every year with out doing much to prove they are committed to improving....and going 2 years without a president/provost/dean?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball