Doug McDermott named Sporting News preseason All-American

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Doug McDermott named Sporting News preseason All-America

Postby BUDude » October 9th, 2012, 8:58 am

Great recognition. I saw his game last year in Peoria where he scored over 40 and the efficiency was amazing.
BUDude
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » October 9th, 2012, 6:03 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:Definitely deserving. WSU has actually done decent against him so far. However the guys that played the most defense against him are gone. Unless Early buys into defense quick Dougie could have his best game he has had against the Shox up to this point. Grats to Dougie

I don't want to turn this into a Shocker thread, but Hall was called "the best defender" by Doug. He will be returning and will likely get the assignment.

Bottom line is that last years Shockers only slowed him down enough to get the split. Doug is extremely efficient on the offensive end.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » October 9th, 2012, 7:16 pm

I worry how we'll defend him too. I thought Weems played him very well in years past. Pickens probably gets the assignment now but Doug has a substantial height and wt advantage there.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » October 10th, 2012, 9:49 pm

Baby Wookie playing under Daddy Wookie in turbo mode most of the time yielded impressive stats on paper. I'm going to wait until his second year to crown him. The two times he played us, he did not look good at all. He looked unathletic if not somewhat spastic. He needs to be able to impose his will against a team like Wichita State if he is going to be a legit All-American. I've seen All-Americans come into Koch Arena and dominate. Then again, I've seen MVC role players come into Koch Arena and look like All-Americans. What was my point again...? :huh: Oh yeah, baby Dookie sucks until I say otherwise. That is all. ;)

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shocker_Phi » October 10th, 2012, 11:31 pm

What's with all the weird nicknames for Doug McD that don't make any sense...??
Shocker_Phi
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby glm38 » October 11th, 2012, 10:20 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:Baby Wookie playing under Daddy Wookie in turbo mode most of the time yielded impressive stats on paper. I'm going to wait until his second year to crown him. The two times he played us, he did not look good at all. He looked unathletic if not somewhat spastic. He needs to be able to impose his will against a team like Wichita State if he is going to be a legit All-American. I've seen All-Americans come into Koch Arena and dominate. Then again, I've seen MVC role players come into Koch Arena and look like All-Americans. What was my point again...? :huh: Oh yeah, baby Dookie sucks until I say otherwise. That is all. ;)

T

...:cool:

Next time you might try posting when you are sober.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shock » October 12th, 2012, 8:30 am

Imagine if he could play defense. I think that is the main difference between Doug and the old greats. Congrats CU.
Our last five are still collectively better than your starting lineup.
shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Turner » October 12th, 2012, 11:42 am

shock wrote:Imagine if he could play defense. I think that is the main difference between Doug and the old greats. Congrats CU.

Doug will never be the quickest player or highest jumper. He is a good rebounder and smart player though. Coach Mac pointed out that CU's defensive goal is to limit second shots by rebounding well and not committing bad fouls that lead to free throws. When CU accomplishes that we get additional possessions and with a strong offense it gives us an advantage.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 12th, 2012, 12:03 pm

shock wrote:Imagine if he could play defense. I think that is the main difference between Doug and the old greats. Congrats CU.

Obviously you don't count defensive rebounding a playing defense? I'm certain Doug was one of the absolute best rebounders in the conference last year, in addition to being its best scorer. Despite its struggles last year, Creighton was something like second or third in the nation in defensive rebounding and there is no reason to expect that won't be the same again this year. Lesson: the opponent better be making their shots, because they aren't getting a second chance.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » October 15th, 2012, 9:46 am

Jays - Copy (2).jpg
Jays - Copy (2).jpg (32.67 KiB) Viewed 1007 times

Jays mania is EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext