First practice / midnight madness events?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby cpacmel » October 7th, 2012, 6:31 pm

I'd like to know what every MVC school is doing and when they are holding any public practices / midnight madness events?

Illinois State isn't having their HoopsFest event til Wednesday October 17th. The reason the event isn't happening on the 12th or the 13th, is because of Women's Volleyball games. :Bam:
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: First practice / midnight madness events?

Postby DUBulldog » October 7th, 2012, 7:09 pm

October 18 is public scrimmage for DU.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pafan » October 7th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Aces having Hoopsfest on Oct. 18 as well. I believe there will be a practice at the new facility the following evening for current UE students.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 8th, 2012, 8:25 am

Creighton is having its own not so originally titled "Bluejay Madness" this Friday in the DJ Sokol Arena. Last year, every seat was filled and people were turned away at the door. I'd expect something similar this year.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » October 8th, 2012, 3:31 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Creighton is having its own not so originally titled "Bluejay Madness" this Friday in the DJ Sokol Arena. Last year, every seat was filled and people were turned away at the door. I'd expect something similar this year.

I was going to say that's impressive until I looked up the capacity. I think it does a lot for the atmosphere though, I wouldn't be too bummed if Wichita State did something similar.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 8th, 2012, 4:26 pm

AndShock wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:Creighton is having its own not so originally titled "Bluejay Madness" this Friday in the DJ Sokol Arena. Last year, every seat was filled and people were turned away at the door. I'd expect something similar this year.

I was going to say that's impressive until I looked up the capacity. I think it does a lot for the atmosphere though, I wouldn't be too bummed if Wichita State did something similar.

Yea, I threw out the locale for full disclosure. It isn't the CenturyLink by any stretch, but it will probably still draw close to as many people as a regular season home game for over half the schools in our conference. :Cheers:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » October 9th, 2012, 8:45 am

WSU will have their open scrimmage on OCT 25th. They call it Shocker Madness but it's so poorly marketed and put together that it is more maddening than it is madness. Still, its nice to see the boys on the court especially with alot of new guys
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BradleyBrave » October 13th, 2012, 3:41 pm

BU's red-white scrimmage was last night, but the highlight of the night was all the highly regarded Chicago area recruits that were there rather than anything that took place on the court. Two seniors were suspended from the scrimmage for disciplinary issues, and a newcomer was the leading scorer. Some real bad perimeter shooting was mixed in as well. BU will be better this year, not sure if that will mean staying out of Thursday though. Still a year or two before BU is consistently competitive again in the league, but we will be better.
"At some point in the near future, we're going to have a team out there competing for championships" - Geno Ford, November 9, 2011.
BradleyBrave
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby sixth ace » October 16th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Hoopfest is the night before,for the community; this is just for the student body

:buddies: :buddies: :buddies: :buddies: :buddies: :buddies:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » October 18th, 2012, 8:43 pm

DUBulldog wrote:October 18 is public scrimmage for DU.

Sometimes hard to judge from a scrimmage, but Drake's ball movement seems much better than it has been previously under Phelps. Also looks like they will try to play at a faster pace.

3-point winner was Gary Ricks, Jr. Slam dunk winner was Joey King.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball