Bracket Busters info?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Bracket Busters info?

Postby ihsi » October 17th, 2012, 1:17 pm

What MVC teams are home and road this year? Is there a site that lists all of the teams in the event?
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Bracket Busters info?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bracket Busters info?

Postby isumvc1 » October 17th, 2012, 6:40 pm

Indiana State is at home I know.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cpacmel » October 19th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Illinois State will be on the ROAD for the BB.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » October 19th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Evansville is on the road
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » October 19th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Drake should be at home
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shocker_Phi » October 20th, 2012, 9:08 am

Wichita State will be at home this year
Shocker_Phi
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Jet915 » October 20th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Creighton is road.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » October 21st, 2012, 9:12 am

A better question is who are teams from other conferences that offer decent match ups? With CU as a roadie, this was discussed on our site and I totally swipe this analysis of a few potential home opponents from a DJA post there:

(1) St Mary's - even though Kenton has graduated, they still return Matthew Dellavadova, one of the top PGs in the nation. Went to the NCAA tourney last year and should be in position for another trip. I rank them first both because of the recent events at Murray St, plus I think that SMC has best potential to be a strong opponent when the rematch takes place two years down the road.

(2) Murray St - I would have ranked this one number one, until I saw the video of the MSU player running over a couple of people in a store parking lot (a pretty healthy suspension, if not outright dismissal from the team, is most certainly in order). The team does still return superstar and all american (at least based on some lists), Isaiah Canaan. I could certainly see the ESPN marketing department going crazy with Doug vs. Isaiah as their keynote bracketbuster matchup. MSU is becoming a dominant force in their league, but I don't know if they will be able to sustain the same high level after Canaan leaves.

(3) Davidson - Picked to win their league and make it back to the NCAA tourney. This team, who we played in the CBI or CIT (I can't remember which is which now), still carries some cachet due to their NCAA tourney performance a few years ago. I also would think they would present as a solid opponent in the rematch.

(4) Long Beach St - Monson is still bringing in big time talent at The Beach and last year's game, featuring Casper Ware, was a blast. I don't see any chance of another match-up, although they are much more desirable than the rest of the posibilities.

---------------------- Big drop off between the top 4 and the rest ---------------------

(5) Oral Roberts - Dropping down into a new league should be a recipe for domination by ORU. They almost certainly should get their auto bid and may be a win with some RPI appeal as a result. An added benefit here is that it may allow some of the parents of our Texans a chance to see their kids and may help out future recruiting.

(6) Valparaiso - Valpo should compete with Detroit for the Butler-less Horizon league title. With Butler now gone, Valpo is probably well suited to become a perennial power in the Horizon and would, therefore, have a better than decent chance of being a decent team when it comes to the rematch game.

(7) Belmont/Utah St - Both of these teams enter new leagues and are big question marks going forward. Sadly they are the best of the rest.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » October 21st, 2012, 10:27 pm

Murray St - I would have ranked this one number one, until I saw the video of the MSU player running over a couple of people in a store parking lot (a pretty healthy suspension, if not outright dismissal from the team, is most certainly in order). The team does still return superstar and all american (at least based on some lists), Isaiah Canaan. I could certainly see the ESPN marketing department going crazy with Doug vs. Isaiah as their keynote bracketbuster matchup. MSU is becoming a dominant force in their league, but I don't know if they will be able to sustain the same high level after Canaan leaves.

UE gets Murray on Dec 8th at the Ford Center. It is the return of the 2010-11 BB game held in Murray. Should prove to be a great matchup between Seniors,Canaan and Ryan.
Last edited by sixth ace on October 22nd, 2012, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TNMSUFAN » October 22nd, 2012, 8:17 am

Bears should be on the road
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter