Best and Worst of the Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Best and Worst of the Valley

Postby glm38 » October 21st, 2012, 2:14 pm

Wufan - you want Casey to stay off shockernet but not cold? Some of the things he says are more ridiculous than anything Casey comes up with? And at least Casey is respectful.

Just razzing you a bit. I want both here on mvc fans.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » October 21st, 2012, 3:11 pm

glm38 wrote:Wufan - you want Casey to stay off shockernet but not cold? Some of the things he says are more ridiculous than anything Casey comes up with? And at least Casey is respectful.

stay off shockernet, where he wasn't respectful…
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 21st, 2012, 3:19 pm

Wufan wrote:
glm38 wrote:Wufan - you want Casey to stay off shockernet but not cold? Some of the things he says are more ridiculous than anything Casey comes up with? And at least Casey is respectful.

stay off shockernet, where he wasn't respectful…

95% of shocker fans were blatantly disrespectful on here. They should expect a taste of their own medicine if you ask me. And furthermore I am always respectful.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » October 21st, 2012, 4:36 pm

To be fair, I think coldblooded deserves the honor of worst poster on mvcfans although thankfully he doesn't post here often...
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WuShock Reaper » October 21st, 2012, 5:20 pm

Best Quotes from last year:

Taylor Brown (Bradley - Jr.)

Reporter Question: “From a player’s standpoint, how tough is this ending (game) on your own home court?”
Brown’s Response: “If I had stopped the first three offensive rebounds, we would be talking about a win right now”

WSU won 90 to 51 – as the Shockers gave BU their worst loss in 108 years at the Carver Center and out rebounded BU by about 50 to 25. Can’t wait until Brown gets back to Charles Koch Arena. He is going to have us roiling in the seat aisles.

Source: Peoria Journal

Coach Greg McDermott at the post game media room after the 89 – 68 beat down at the CenturyLink Center in front of 18,735+ fans and a National TV audience.

McDermott - “Well it looks like the Empire Strikes Back.”
Marshall - “Close on your analogies, but it’s more like I am like Obi-Wan Kenobi and your (CU) like Anakin Skywalker. I have just cut off one of your arms, sliced off both your legs, your head is on fire, and there is no hope in sight.”

Now I can’t find the quote to prove it, but I am pretty sure I read that somewhere after the 89 – 68 beat down at the CenturyLink Century in front of 18,735+ fans and a National TV audience.

Source: Somewhere on the internet, as I couldn’t make up something that funny.
WuShock Reaper
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » October 21st, 2012, 6:16 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
95% of shocker fans were blatantly disrespectful on here. They should expect a taste of their own medicine if you ask me. And furthermore I am always respectful.

could you provide your statistics on this - or are you just blowing?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 21st, 2012, 6:23 pm

WuShock Reaper wrote:Source: Somewhere on the internet, as I couldn’t make up something that funny.

1. You absolutely made it up.

2. It isn't even funny.

And, for the record, Marshal's meltdown after being eliminated at the MVC tourney by Illinois St was both the most humorous, most sad (because it shows the extent of Marshal's paranoia and inability to accept responsibility) and most disrespectful (because it minimized IlSU's win) quote of the year, all at the same time. The "not a neutral court" whine will live in infamy as long as he's at WSU. I'd expect yearly signs in STL and at IlSU for the remainder of Marshal's tenure at WSU.

(The most humorous thing about the whole "neutral court" rant was that Marshal lost the very next game he played on a true neutral court. On top of that, his entire history at WSU shows that his record on neutral courts isn't that great.)

Now that I think about it, Marshal's really had some epic meltdowns is St Louis. To this day, he remains the only coach to have ever been kicked out of a game, started bawling in a post game presser after Booker Woodfox ripped his heart out and had the "not a neutral court" meltdown after losing to IlSU.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » October 22nd, 2012, 6:47 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
WuShock Reaper wrote:Source: Somewhere on the internet, as I couldn’t make up something that funny.

1. You absolutely made it up.

2. It isn't even funny.

And, for the record, Marshal's meltdown after being eliminated at the MVC tourney by Illinois St was both the most humorous, most sad (because it shows the extent of Marshal's paranoia and inability to accept responsibility) and most disrespectful (because it minimized IlSU's win) quote of the year, all at the same time. The "not a neutral court" whine will live in infamy as long as he's at WSU. I'd expect yearly signs in STL and at IlSU for the remainder of Marshal's tenure at WSU.

(The most humorous thing about the whole "neutral court" rant was that Marshal lost the very next game he played on a true neutral court. On top of that, his entire history at WSU shows that his record on neutral courts isn't that great.)

Now that I think about it, Marshal's really had some epic meltdowns is St Louis. To this day, he remains the only coach to have ever been kicked out of a game, started bawling in a post game presser after Booker Woodfox ripped his heart out and had the "not a neutral court" meltdown after losing to IlSU.

So what I think I hear you saying is Marshall gives the MVC some character and flavor. He's salt. He's like the Tabasco you that you put on all your food.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 22nd, 2012, 11:54 am

Snaggletooth wrote:So what I think I hear you saying is Marshall gives the MVC some character and flavor. He's salt. He's like the Tabasco you that you put on all your food.

I was thinking more like a turd in a punchbowl. If you want to say that it gives the punch a little extra flavor, I'll have to take your word for it.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoBraves » October 22nd, 2012, 11:54 am

WuShock Reaper wrote:Best Quotes from last year:

Taylor Brown (Bradley - Jr.)

Reporter Question: “From a player’s standpoint, how tough is this ending (game) on your own home court?”
Brown’s Response: “If I had stopped the first three offensive rebounds, we would be talking about a win right now”

WSU won 90 to 51 – as the Shockers gave BU their worst loss in 108 years at the Carver Center and out rebounded BU by about 50 to 25. Can’t wait until Brown gets back to Charles Koch Arena. He is going to have us roiling in the seat aisles.

Even as a die-hard BU fan, that was a pretty funny quote, though I respect TB and how far he's developed into a nice young man with lots of ambition in life, contrary to how a lot of people on here view him.

b.t.w. - I don't think Taylor will get back to CK Arena anytime soon, as he already graduated. Besides, he probably has nightmares about all the games he's witnessed from the bench and from the floor on that arena (aside from our win about 4 yrs. ago when you guys were down)
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball